newbie plz dont judge

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Greemhold

newbie plz dont judge

Post by Greemhold » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:05 am

I have made several atempts to mine in this pool so I dont see the point on mentioning everything... so I will just ask what miner should I use what settings should i use basicly as you can see a how to start sort of guide. my gpu is a r9 270 2gb. Right now I use sgminer 4.1 with these settings and everything looks fine on the miner but no shares on the dashboard
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
sgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333 -u Greemhold -p "a=scrypt" -g 2 -I 13 --shaders 1280
pause
mrgoldy

Re: newbie plz dont judge

Post by mrgoldy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:22 am

most of scrypt is tackled with ASICs, but if you can get shares with a gpu, go for it.
I would think X11 would be better for a gpu though

anyone else use GPUs to mine scrypt?
Greemhold

Post by Greemhold » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:49 pm

ok so what should i use to mine x11 here?
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:06 am

You can use GPUs, but you will likely never earn enough money to even pay back the electricity cost. The market has moved onto power-efficient decicated mining equipment using ASICs. There are a lot of types of hardware, and I suggest searching around these and other forums for what hardware exists and its performance.
Greemhold

Post by Greemhold » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:38 am

Chris Sokolowski wrote:You can use GPUs, but you will likely never earn enough money to even pay back the electricity cost. The market has moved onto power-efficient decicated mining equipment using ASICs. There are a lot of types of hardware, and I suggest searching around these and other forums for what hardware exists and its performance.
I dont have to pay for electricity and i want to mine whatever I can and autoexchange it to DASH. Thank you for your answer and time but my question was on the mining software I should use and the settings of it. Now either im too new to mining or my english doesnt help me understant the instructions becouse whatever I do it doesnt seem to work, allthough I had no problems mining single coins at a time in other pools I had no chance using multy algo or coin switching pools such as this one.
P.S. If im beeing too direct or impolite it's my english. I dont expect anyone to be responsible for my strugle in mining.