Best miner software for AMD GPU (crimson 17.7.1)

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
mozempk

Best miner software for AMD GPU (crimson 17.7.1)

Post by mozempk » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:17 pm

Hi guys!
Im really new to mining,amateur level, moreover on prohashing.
But i really liked the site and the idea behind it (well played devs! :D ) one thing that i didnt find was a section advicing a miner software that would work here. But nevertheless i started mining (Scrypt) yesterday with the software i had got on my rig:
CPU: AMD FX8320
GPU: AMD Radeon RX480 Nitro 8GB
nsgminer (win-64) version 0.9.2
with these settings:

Code: Select all

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
nsgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333 -u mozempk -p "a=scrypt" -g 2 -I 20 --shaders 2304 --thread-concurrency 9216 -w 256
everything was going fine until my pc crashed.
It rebooted and amd asked me to update the drivers to version (crimson) 17.7.1 wich i did, also hoping in an increse in hashrate... Silly me! :(
After that ANY miner wouldnt work anymore.

nsgminer's DW index skyrocketed and the instantaneous hashrate was always stuck at 0, while the average was at around 500-ish (i suppose KH/s, but that wasnt indicated) and obviously no accepted shares.
I also tried
sgminer (i believe all versions),wich newer versions do not seem (at least to my n00b eyes) to support Scrypt or X11, the latest i tried was: 5-6-0-general;
also tried
cgminer-3.7.7b-Neoscrypt
all of those with a combination of the settings described above but to no avail.
For the latest (sgminer and cgminer) the problem was different, i didnt get any DWs but only HW errors and the hashrate was way off,like 5+ MH/s while gpu load was at around 30%.
I dont think that i have messed up my card, temperatures were always under control (peeks of 75°C) and the power consumption stayed always under the 100-ish Watts.

So, after all this descriptive part here is my question:
Can you advice me a good miner software to mine here?
- Possibly a compiled version (im not scared of compiling my own software, i have access to a linux machine too in case that'd be necessary)
- Windows 64 Bit
- optimized for Scrypt and X11
- most importantly optimized for AMD GPUS
Or another solution to mine from this pool?
Thank you very much in advance!
Moze
FRISKIE

Re: Best miner software for AMD GPU (crimson 17.7.1)

Post by FRISKIE » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:51 pm

Any reason you don't want to simply roll your GPU driver back to the previous version that worked?
mozempk

Re: Best miner software for AMD GPU (crimson 17.7.1)

Post by mozempk » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:47 am

Of course i could! But i'd rather try with a more up-to-date miner software as nsgminer (0.9.2) still crashed my pc after only 5 hours of mining!
You got any advice on this?

EDIT:
For what i have seen the most used miner software around is sgminer, the only one with consistent updates, but it seems it doesnt support scrypt anymore...
These are the kernels included in a more recent release: http://imgur.com/a/HdQ1u what should i choose for scrypt?
i tried psw and ckolivas, they didnt work.