[Feature req] Blacklist Arg

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
GregoryGHarding

[Feature req] Blacklist Arg

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:03 pm

it would be nice for us to have a blacklist argument that can be used multiple times to remove unwanted coins from the coin switching algo. as an example, id throw a b=bcc on mine when im hashing low because i lose profit mining bcc when PH switches to BCC to grab a block pop. especially when it allocates 98% of pool hash to it, im smaller than a grain of salt, meanwhile i could be mining a coin that has 30c profitability for that period. give it a thought. i dont think it would affect the pools profit as a whole unless majority of miners excluded all the same coins.
aricee23

Re: [Feature req] Blacklist Arg

Post by aricee23 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:19 pm

I totally agree it would be awesome to be able to block certain coins on a rig by rig basis!
shouldn't be too hard to do...
mrgoldy

Post by mrgoldy » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:34 pm

this sounds like a great idea
zckmnr

Post by zckmnr » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:38 pm

I think that's a great idea, definitely would use it for some coins!
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:03 pm

GregoryGHarding wrote:it would be nice for us to have a blacklist argument that can be used multiple times to remove unwanted coins from the coin switching algo. as an example, id throw a b=bcc on mine when im hashing low because i lose profit mining bcc when PH switches to BCC to grab a block pop. especially when it allocates 98% of pool hash to it, im smaller than a grain of salt, meanwhile i could be mining a coin that has 30c profitability for that period. give it a thought. i dont think it would affect the pools profit as a whole unless majority of miners excluded all the same coins.
I think you misunderstand how the system works.

Profits are shared across all miners equally. It doesn't matter whether you are mining Bitconnectcoin or some other coin; you still make the same amount of money, as long as you are submitting shares at the same rate.

Therefore, this argument wouldn't earn you any more. It would just make the system less profitable in the end because some miners are more appropriate to assign to certain coins; that's how we can earn so much with so many miners.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:53 pm

right now, mastercarcoin is at a higher profitability that bcc, but im assigned to bcc. am i incorrect in saying that if i were mining mastercarcoin id be making more than mining bcc at this moment? if i prefer not to be forced to mine bcc because a block is about to pop. i'd be more happy, instead of having to c= to top profitable coin every time it adjusts
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:08 pm

GregoryGHarding wrote:right now, mastercarcoin is at a higher profitability that bcc, but im assigned to bcc. am i incorrect in saying that if i were mining mastercarcoin id be making more than mining bcc at this moment? if i prefer not to be forced to mine bcc because a block is about to pop. i'd be more happy, instead of having to c- to top profitable coin every time it adjusts
Yes. Everyone makes the same amount. A few miners are assigned to the MasterCarcoin network and their earnings increase the earnings of everyone else, but the network to which you are personally assigned does not change your profits.
zckmnr

Post by zckmnr » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:17 pm

i personally would use blacklist feature to disable some coins that gets bugged at top of the list. Sometimes, some coins sits there giving huge amount of orphans/stales, just waste of hashpower directed to those coins. And if you get directed to that coin by system, you get those stales etc. causes mining efficiency to drop. Therefore profitability would be lower for you aswell. AdvanceInternetBlocks pops to mind for example. Definitely would use blacklist parameter for it.
JKDReaper

Post by JKDReaper » Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:18 pm

Steve, could you send me a PM verifying exactly what you mean about "but the network to which you are personally assigned does not change your profits". I have literally weeks of data on this topic, but honestly it's not something I wish to post publicly but would gladly share with you...Just would like to make sure I understand what your saying for certain before I do. Others here can verify that I have "interesting" data on this and have verified it themselves.

Thanks
jintar

Post by jintar » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:04 pm

GregoryGHarding wrote:right now, mastercarcoin is at a higher profitability that bcc, but im assigned to bcc. am i incorrect in saying that if i were mining mastercarcoin id be making more than mining bcc at this moment? if i prefer not to be forced to mine bcc because a block is about to pop. i'd be more happy, instead of having to c= to top profitable coin every time it adjusts

Mastercarcoin network hash = 10mhs-100mhs maybe 1ghs

Example 100mhs and profitibility 100mbit this time u mining 900mhs probility down 10mbit. Many coin network hash 10khs and mhs probility huge but need only khs u mining mhs or gsh = lost money. Many time coin huge probility but we dont have low hash all user have huge hash and nobady mining this huge probility coin. Only hash = lost money. Hash to go correct coin = profit.