Pool errors July 12th

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Maxumark

Pool errors July 12th

Post by Maxumark » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:18 pm

Today when I logged on I noticed that the income so far for today was down about 1/3 compared to normal.
It appears that something has changed causing the L3s and L3+ to stop and restart submitting shares on the pool.
The miner itself is not starting and stopping, but its accepted shares to the pool is stopping and restarting.
They are in a constant "Calculating hashrate, No valid shares yet. and will not stay submitting shares for more that about 15 or 20 minuets before stopping and restarting. At any given time 1/3rd of my L3+ miners are it the "Calculating hashrate, No valid shares yet" state.
Normally the L3s and L3+ run great with only the n=name in the password.

I have played around with h=5, and also a static difficulty which I was then able to get a L3+ to calm it down a little bit, but its is still sub par compared to a few days ago.

Here are the other errors:
Both primary and merge mined shares are stale 4,576
Miner is using an incorrect algorithm. 20

What is weird is that the Titans I have running are unaffected by this issue. I have several that are on their 3rd day of submitting shares since first share submitted.

Possible issues there was a change around the 4th or 5th where there are more rejects or red peeks at the top of the hashing chart. You can really see the difference before that day very little red here and there at the top, after that day always red at the top.

Then there was another change about something when people don't put a difficulty setting in.

What ever has changed the L3 and L3+ don't like it.

The Historical hashrate chart is still showing a decent constant hashrate, but the live status hashrate is constantly 20 to 30% low.

The income numbers for the day are also looking about 20 to 30% low.

Please review and advise.
Last edited by Maxumark on Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Advanced1

Re: Pool errors today

Post by Advanced1 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:49 pm

I can say I noticed that as well regarding the L3+ and the correlated and expected income for that hash amount and duration. I think its should be easy to look at the income vs hashrate to verify that the problem actually exists. In addition at one time i showed 7 workers totalling 3.3ghz when I only have 2 workers indicating multiple restarts. I had to remove my L3+ as well and put it to work elsewhere until its working here again.
The A4 Dominator is hashing away without one interuption for days and is still happy and hashing here ... the L3+ problems and income discrepancy started overnight and was clearly evident in this mornings income numbers.
pilottage

Re: Pool errors today

Post by pilottage » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:38 am

Well I dont have my L3+ yet, but I had the same problems in Prohash sine the 6 of July! with an Excalibur (ALchemyst 256) that was disconnected on my side roughly every 2 blocs pool side, as the miner worked here consistently at its advertized Hashrate and 32k diff... Once I was sure the miner was not faulty I didnt even try to reboot it anymore and for sure it produced 1/3 less coinage than usual... But lets cross fingers it seems ok since 6 hours....I was logged again when I woke up to my surprise... :)
Advanced1

Re: Pool errors July 12th

Post by Advanced1 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:13 pm

I agree all seems to be working better again. When the site works perfectly it outperforms other pools / I guess the growing pains are part of the growth due to the awesome profit seeking algo ... I certainly want all of us to prosper through the growth . My scrypt hash will stick with the pool and the brothers as long as my machines don't have seizures .. and normally they would just failover to another pool ...which is why those hours of under performance was somewhat unusual for this pool. You will enjoy the L3+ when you get it :-)
Maxumark

Post by Maxumark » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:30 pm

We are looking a little better today Thursday the 13th.

No "Miner is using an incorrect algorithm" that I have seen, but I have not been watching all morning.

still getting some "Both primary and merge mined shares are stale 3132 (count)"

As I predicted yesterday the pool total income was sub $70,000. It came in at $65,900.

This is not just a "coin values are down", "Difficulty is up" issue.

I would look into the changes that were made to the pool regarding to miners with no difficulty set.

Today the L3+s are running better, IE submitting shares for about 3 hours. and not having the the constant "calculating hashrate" " no valid shares yet" but have higher than normal restart delays some 2.75 and 3.75 seconds and some and stale shares.

As far as I can tell on Wednesday July 12th the L3 and L3+ were effectively working with 1.25 hashing board disabled, but we were paying the power of full hashing. This is evident in pool earnings.
I suspect that many who had their balance forfeit because of low luck miners last night were running L3, or L3+

It will also be interesting to read the Daily Profit report for July 12th tomorrow.

The sooner we get this figured out the better as Difficulty is going to go up and we need the pool at optimum performance!
poppy01

Post by poppy01 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:04 pm

Dear Admin,

I have the same problems with my L3+ miners. 2 or 3 of my 8 L3's always show "No valid shares yet" or "Calculating Hashrate". This has, of course, a big impact on my mining rewards.
The interesting thing is that this only happens since I have connected all my 8 miners to ProHashing. When I was running only 5 of them before I did not notice this behaviour.

Admin, a solution is needed quickly here. Please investigate and try to fix this issue asap.

Thanks a lot
poppy01
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:20 pm

poppy01 wrote:Dear Admin,

I have the same problems with my L3+ miners. 2 or 3 of my 8 L3's always show "No valid shares yet" or "Calculating Hashrate". This has, of course, a big impact on my mining rewards.
The interesting thing is that this only happens since I have connected all my 8 miners to ProHashing. When I was running only 5 of them before I did not notice this behaviour.

Admin, a solution is needed quickly here. Please investigate and try to fix this issue asap.

Thanks a lot
poppy01
Oops! I didn't see this one until now. This is why it's important to send this to Chris as a support ticket, if you think that he can address it best.

The most likely cause for that is that the miners disconnected. Could you look to see how long it has been since the last share submission?
poppy01

Post by poppy01 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:50 am

No, this cannot be the reason. I just checked two of my miners showing "No valid shares yet". According to the BITMAIN MMI the last share was just 0, 1 or 2 seconds ago.

UPDATE:
For the last 3 minutes, all the miners are ok and show a reasonably high hashrate...
Strange, really...

NEW UPDATE: Everything was ok for the last 15 minutes now from approx. 11:50am to 12:05pm (UTC +3). Now the same sh.. starts again with ALL of my L3's showing in "No valid shares yet" or "Calculating hashrate" at 12:08pm. Any chance to investigate if and what has changed in these couple of minutes?

UPDATE: Now, 12:15pm (UTC +3), everything is fine again.
Seems to be a an issue with your mining servers...

UPDATE: Problems starting again at 12:22pm. Additionally, one of my miners just switched over to the prio 2 pool, so the Prohashing pools appeared unavailable for it. This happens a couple of times per day for all of my miners...
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:14 am

poppy01 wrote:No, this cannot be the reason. I just checked two of my miners showing "No valid shares yet". According to the BITMAIN MMI the last share was just 0, 1 or 2 seconds ago.

UPDATE:
For the last 3 minutes, all the miners are ok and show a reasonably high hashrate...
Strange, really...

NEW UPDATE: Everything was ok for the last 15 minutes now from approx. 11:50am to 12:05pm (UTC +3). Now the same sh.. starts again with ALL of my L3's showing in "No valid shares yet" or "Calculating hashrate" at 12:08pm. Any chance to investigate if and what has changed in these couple of minutes?

UPDATE: Now, 12:15pm (UTC +3), everything is fine again.
Seems to be a an issue with your mining servers...

UPDATE: Problems starting again at 12:22pm. Additionally, one of my miners just switched over to the prio 2 pool, so the Prohashing pools appeared unavailable for it. This happens a couple of times per day for all of my miners...
Does this issue only happen to L3 miners, or is this something that happens to all miners?
poppy01

Post by poppy01 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:33 am

I cannot tell you exactly since I pointed my Terminator A4 to another pool after I received my L3s. As a matter of fact, I never saw this issue with my A4 before.
User Advanced1 wrote before that his A4s are working well while only the L3s show this behaviour.