Hash/Sec vs Cost/KW how do they correlate

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Farmer

Hash/Sec vs Cost/KW how do they correlate

Post by Farmer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:13 am

Pls don't kill me for such noob question but I still cannot understand the calculators because they don't show the formular.
What I don't get. Let's say my farm has 5000MegaHash per second. How can I calculate my share from the pool.

E.g. if it takes 100.000.000Megahash to get a Block of Litecoin (25@ about 45$) then I would assume $1125 are shared by the amount of hashes I contribute correct?'

But how can I get the number out based on hash converted into earnings. You guys for sure have some experience or first hand answer for me. Thanks
fattygrub

Re: Hash/Sec vs Cost/KW how do they correlate

Post by fattygrub » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:26 am

i am not exactly understanding your question but maybe coinwarz' mining calculator(s) may help you.

try:

https://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/li ... calculator

easy byte convertor i used as a noob:

https://www.google.com/search?q=convert ... e&ie=UTF-8
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:28 am

the earnings chart on the main page is based on a set hashrate of 1mh/s per day

for example 13cents per 1mh per day
you have 5000 mhs x 0.13 per day = daily income

keep in mind these earnings figures are estimations and fluctuate greatly throughout the day as profitability changes

you do not get block rewards unless youre soloing that coin. if your soloing you do not get rewarded shares.
you will get per share rewards if you mine default PPS, but you will not receive block rewards if you find a block.

you have to enter your current KWh rate in settings, and how many watts your rig burns per hour, and that will create a chart for you correlating your earnings to electricity cost, to determine if indeed youre earning any money after electricity burned cost.
Farmer

Post by Farmer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:36 am

Hi Guys, thanks for the quick reply.

Fattygrub, while I do understand the calculator in particular, what I try to figure out is the essential question of how many Hashes per second I need to achieve to generate XYZ $$$ per month. I know that there are variables (lots of them) but it seems to me that there is no real answer on that. E.g. if my mines have a contributed Hashrate per second of 1Terrahash per second (let's say) - it seems unclear to me what is the return in particular. Given the fact that what I am missing most, is how does the difficulty level factor the hashes required to "crack" a block.

I ask this simply because I would like to be able to do the math behind (nature of a financial controller) to make sure, that 13 cents per day isn't a number that the "pool" decided to reward but rather should be a fixed percentage based on the contributed power.

Also, these calculators - I wonder - tell you most probably, how much you would earn if you don't pool - but if you block alone - and here, I thought you are left with the factor "lottery chance" which does not add up.

Gregor, exactly that's what I am wondering because my setup is the following.

I have free electricity ;-) .. don't ask and my "partner" wants to know - if we buy 100 miners -> what is the ROI.
Given the fact that no electricity cost is already pretty neat, I still try to figure out how to do the business case.
If we come up with a 1TH capacity for Litecoin alone - would this mean we get 130$ per day, but wouldn't this computing power already qualify for solomining? ..

PS, I appreciate your honest feedback here, way to go!
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:52 am

according to litecoin pool, if you were mining at a constant network difficulty, this is what your profitability would look like as an estimation.

the entire litecoin network hashrate right now is 7,775 GH/s. if you had 1th/s of scrypt hashpower, you technically would own 1/8th the entire network.

Farmer

Post by Farmer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:58 am

:) you are right, sorry I meant GH/s :) .. mixed it with Bitcoin where the capacity levels are different.
May I ask one more additional question because I'd like to figure that one out.

If I get an Antminer for example, my understanding is, that this one only does Litecoin mining, so even if we join your pool, we can only mine litecoins. It was my understanding that your pool is evaluating when it makes sense to farm other currencies, would this mean, if your engine decides to farm doge coins - our mines would be in idle mode? :)
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:05 am

Farmer wrote::) you are right, sorry I meant GH/s :) .. mixed it with Bitcoin where the capacity levels are different.
May I ask one more additional question because I'd like to figure that one out.

If I get an Antminer for example, my understanding is, that this one only does Litecoin mining, so even if we join your pool, we can only mine litecoins. It was my understanding that your pool is evaluating when it makes sense to farm other currencies, would this mean, if your engine decides to farm doge coins - our mines would be in idle mode? :)
litecoin is the main crypto of the scrypt algorithm. you can mine anything inside the scrypt algo. therefore you will be able to take full advantage of our scrypt profit switching pool. they advertise as litecoin only, so potential buyers don't get confused with other main coins of other algos, example bitcoin is sha265, litecoin is scrypt, and dash is x11.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:07 am

if you have more questions, feel free to join our slack chat. i have to run now, but there are a lot of knowledgable people in there that can answer all of your questions. you can find the self-invite link in the support options topic
Farmer

Post by Farmer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:13 am

Awesome, will do!