Why NiceHash is bad for prohashing.

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Konov

Re: Why NiceHash is bad for prohashing.

Post by Konov » Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:57 pm

Well, switch off bigg diff coins like BCC - and all profit goes down no matter of what kind - multipool or multiswitch. High diff coins take the most part of hash power. And make 99% of real income.
Last edited by Konov on Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Konov

Post by Konov » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:00 pm

JoeTheMiner wrote:Banning NH doesn't make any sense. The NH renters will just mine the same coin on another pool and the profitability on PH will still go down no matter what pool they are on. Profitability is mainly a coin's difficulty and exchange rate so if another pool finds more blocks PH still goes down regardless.
But why did these renters mine on this 5% pool, while they can use 1% official bcc pool, for example? :lol:
They got extra 4% for brothers? :lol:

True thing is renters do F5 on prohash and give orders by hand, because brothers give this data to all. But if you will switch off nh - no nh traffic will be here, no quick bcc blocks, only good long profit times.
vinylwasp

Post by vinylwasp » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:26 pm

JoeTheMiner wrote:Banning NH doesn't make any sense. The NH renters will just mine the same coin on another pool and the profitability on PH will still go down no matter what pool they are on. Profitability is mainly a coin's difficulty and exchange rate so if another pool finds more blocks PH still goes down regardless.
Dead right, it's the global network hashrate per coin that affects diff and profitability no matter what pool the mining occurs on.
Konov

Post by Konov » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:50 am

Anybody else thinks that NH is good for PH? LOL
Pool got capacity problems, when NH power comes to it. The best solution is switch off NH by locking max stratum diff lower, then NH require.
But for now, 2brothers choose to earn extra 5% fees of NH power, rather then completely switch NH off and get stability pool and good income for asic users of PH.
5% more from time to time vs stability. Hah.
FRISKIE

Post by FRISKIE » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:44 am

The problem Konov, is that once you set the precedent of giving into attackers rather than fighting back and hardening your solution against abuse, anyone who doesn't agree with one of your business practices will know that you can be coerced.

As a NH user myself I admit that I cannot speak for ASIC users concerns over the potential for attack vectors arising from NH users, but in my experience in Telecoms working with mitigation teams working to restore connectivity, I've found that it is almost always possible to isolate and mitigate abusive patterns.

That said, there are obviously cases where the abusive behavior, attacks etc. are such that it no longer makes business sense to pursue certain practices, and relevant business decisions are made.

I post this not so much to refute your assertion that ASIC miners may be better served by "switching NH off" but rather to provide a rational perspective on how such decisions should be evaluated and handled.

Cheers.
FRISKIE