So how to I begin mining?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
OctaviaVinyl

So how to I begin mining?

Post by OctaviaVinyl » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:25 pm

With the website being down, what do I do? Am I supposed to download prohashing somewhere else? Or register anywhere? Or do I just have to wait for this to be over? I've been waiting around for a few days now :(
VanessaEzekowitz

Re: So how to I begin mining?

Post by VanessaEzekowitz » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:20 am

The site's been under DDoS attack off and on for a while, and it's been especially bad for about 2 weeks now, and just the past 24 hours the host (javapipe) has connectivity issues as well. Most of it has been sorted out now, so the site's working fine.

To start mining, all you need to do is create an account, set your payout addresses, percentages, etc., and point your miners at the pool. pretty much the same as with any other pool.

The software you use for the purpose is entirely up to you -- I use bfgminer to mine Scrypt via some ASIC mining devices, for example. Others might mine X11 with a bunch of GPUs and whatever standard software is used for that (cgminer?). Some folks get their hashing power from a third-party "cloud-mining" or "rent a mining rig" service (in which case, no software is needed).
Join Hashflare, make some money, and help a crabby old battle axe earn too, using my referral link:
https://hashflare.io/r/19027B79
OctaviaVinyl

Post by OctaviaVinyl » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:33 am

VanessaEzekowitz wrote:To start mining, all you need to do is create an account, set your payout addresses, percentages, etc., and point your miners at the pool. pretty much the same as with any other pool.
So where do I go to do this? Is it on the main Prohashing page? Or is it just a forum account. Where do I set my Payout addresses and such?
VanessaEzekowitz

Post by VanessaEzekowitz » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:41 pm

On the main Prohashing page, click "Register", set up your account. Then under "Settings", configure your payout addresses et al.
Join Hashflare, make some money, and help a crabby old battle axe earn too, using my referral link:
https://hashflare.io/r/19027B79
wonderminer

Post by wonderminer » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:37 am

I see it in two ways:
1) If electricity in your country is cheap enough it is better to mine yourself. It’s not that hard to find proper GPUS or ASICs and start this.
2) If not, than cloud mining is ok. Still, it’s not that profitable, but better than doing nothing. The two main brands in cloud mining (as for me) is Genesis and Hashflare. In order to buy contracts even cheapr you can look for some promo codes. There are lots of such websites, I only tried this one (http://hashflarecode.com/) it works with hashflare.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:57 am

Way to dig up a 8 month old post, and then add next to nothing related to the issue to the thread.
Wonderminer do you WORK for hashflarecode.com? Was that the whole reason trying to shoehorn that addy into a ancient thread?

Can we get a mod in here to delete my message and the one in front of it that has no relevance.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:00 am

post count boost for the ability to post a scammy for sale ad probably
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:32 pm

Go go go Crisbenoya!

Maybe post 1 or 2 more spots for your bonuscloudmining spam?

Welcome new user who jumps in, spams their website ad a few times then leaves and never comes back.
You will be missed!
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:02 pm

2 out of 3 posts can't be wrong.