BitconnectCoin offline/daemon error 23 June

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
AvPro

Post by AvPro » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:45 am

Hi,

Just checking if there are any particular coins that "offline" since all the server ddos measures earlier this week?

Past 48 hour profitability seems higher on some other pools - Zpool and HashToCoins both are still in the 0.05xxx range per Ghash

Thanks
Last edited by AvPro on Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AvPro

Re: Offline coins?

Post by AvPro » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:05 pm

I think it's down to BitconnectCoin I see this error on the pool

Code: Select all

Scrypt Algorithm errors
Unable to obtain the latest block from the daemon

ETA on enabling BCC? I think it could be a big factor in differing prof . The other pools are actively mining BCC today and we're missing out on those blocks :|

Thank you :)
AvPro

Post by AvPro » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:25 pm

Sorry to post again.

The absence of this coin is hurting the profit - we've been using it a lot recently (purple).

Am I wrong and it is enabled, rather we are just not allocating miners?

GregoryGHarding

Re: BitconnectCoin offline/daemon error 23 June

Post by GregoryGHarding » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:37 pm

AvPro wrote:Sorry to post again.

The absence of this coin is hurting the profit - we've been using it a lot recently (purple).

Am I wrong and it is enabled, rather we are just not allocating miners?

if the pool isnt allocating then you should manually try mining the coin, use c= and try mining it, it wont be solo without m=solo
AvPro

Post by AvPro » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:51 pm

@GGH

Nope, stratum authentication fails when trying to specify this coin. It's also not a malformed password string because c=Litecoin works just fine ;). Something on the pools end
AvPro

Post by AvPro » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:20 am

Thanks for fixing
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:37 am

Thanks for pointing this out. While Chris is automatically notified of many types of errors, the status of particular coins is not one of the error types that Chris receives E-Mails about.

I've asked Chris to investigate why these issues occur, but he has not been able to succeed at determining the cause. I'll ask him to continue looking.
AvPro

Post by AvPro » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:45 am

No worries, I'm happy its back online and already our profit is back on par with Z and H2C pools
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:11 am

AvPro wrote:No worries, I'm happy its back online and already our profit is back on par with Z and H2C pools
What about the issues that Vanessa was talking about yesterday where she and FRISKIE believed that balances were not being credited fairly? Do you believe that's true, or do you think that bitconnectcoins caused lower profitability that may have been mistaken for that?
AvPro

Post by AvPro » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:26 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
AvPro wrote:No worries, I'm happy its back online and already our profit is back on par with Z and H2C pools
What about the issues that Vanessa was talking about yesterday where she and FRISKIE believed that balances were not being credited fairly? Do you believe that's true, or do you think that bitconnectcoins caused lower profitability that may have been mistaken for that?

Tricky one, for a couple reasons because there's a triple prong of reasons that arose all at the same time

i) downtime of BCC, a very profitable coin reduced the profit figure for PH against other pools and consequently dropped the earnings for a period of at least 15hours by my count. I think this is the major reason for losses on 23 June. Can you clarify with this type of daemon error - can the live profit figure be reported incorrectly? It's not trying to calculate it using the last available diff it obtained from the BCC blockchain as part of the profit algorithm? Hence, throwing off the figure.

ii) addition of the DDOS protection has (extra latency perhaps) pushed up the "negative delta" for any users of NH. Last time I used it i noticed it was about 3% more delta, another reason for a reduction of profit if anyone using NH and comparing apples to apples from before DDOS protection.

iii) i think some investigation into balances being credited is merited, I've noticed a reduction recently but because the hashrate charts are likely correct I don't exactly have a good evidence. Now that BCC is enabled I will compare my earnings over the next 24 hours to an average day 2 weeks ago and will send a support email if it's way out.

In summary, perhaps lets see how everyone earnings are like over next 48hours and see if shares are still out.