WAMP delay and getting paid

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
mjgraham

WAMP delay and getting paid

Post by mjgraham » Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:26 pm

I drew a crude chart to explain what I am asking, I seem to be loosing a lot today and I notice the delay is 5m+ even after the latest skip share try. If that is the case there really is not any point it buying spot hash power that i can see maybe we can get an official answer, or maybe a way to credit and difference or something.

Plus in a non related post the WAMP balances are not correct , the payouts seem to make the off or soemthing.
Thanks
Jarrid

GregoryGHarding

Re: WAMP delay and getting paid

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:08 pm

the website changes have not been applied yet the skip share multiplier does not exist in production yet. the wamp api has timestamps on your shares and you will be paid in the value the share was at that time, website stats are slow, but all these factors do not effect your bottom line, the mining server is still going, youre just not seeing the proper values yet.
mjgraham

Post by mjgraham » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:47 pm

I saw that about the new share thing, so I apologize about that, Just looking at what I am getting in return from spot mining I am loosing badly , I don't see how I can put in 80GH/s at a 2-3x profit rate and loose money or barely break even, my miners that mine all day I agree it doesnt matter about that on them just trying to narrow it down, I see the delay being good then a price break comes, jump one band wagon and the delay climbs and climbs then when it catches up were at a huge loss that I am wondering if that loss started in the past.
Just a curiosity,
thanks
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:16 pm

mjgraham wrote:I saw that about the new share thing, so I apologize about that, Just looking at what I am getting in return from spot mining I am loosing badly , I don't see how I can put in 80GH/s at a 2-3x profit rate and loose money or barely break even, my miners that mine all day I agree it doesnt matter about that on them just trying to narrow it down, I see the delay being good then a price break comes, jump one band wagon and the delay climbs and climbs then when it catches up were at a huge loss that I am wondering if that loss started in the past.
Just a curiosity,
thanks
Make sure that you pay attention to the data_timestamp if you're using the WAMP API. It was added to allow miners to determine whether profitability data is delayed due to system overload. If data is delayed, then make sure you consider that in decisions you make at cloud rental services.
mjgraham

Post by mjgraham » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:25 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
mjgraham wrote:I saw that about the new share thing, so I apologize about that, Just looking at what I am getting in return from spot mining I am loosing badly , I don't see how I can put in 80GH/s at a 2-3x profit rate and loose money or barely break even, my miners that mine all day I agree it doesnt matter about that on them just trying to narrow it down, I see the delay being good then a price break comes, jump one band wagon and the delay climbs and climbs then when it catches up were at a huge loss that I am wondering if that loss started in the past.
Just a curiosity,
thanks
Make sure that you pay attention to the data_timestamp if you're using the WAMP API. It was added to allow miners to determine whether profitability data is delayed due to system overload. If data is delayed, then make sure you consider that in decisions you make at cloud rental services.
Thanks that was the answer I needed to know.

Edit:
I guess how does the system know what to pay us? if we see a delayed version and act on that and the system pays on a up to date version does that get calculated later on?