New to mining.....be kind

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
mrgoldy

Re: New to mining.....be kind

Post by mrgoldy » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:27 pm

Yes. Prohashing takes a bit to get some accepted compared to some other pools I tried, but after awhile they start flowing in.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:52 pm

thats probaby due to the fact default difficulty and minimum difficulty was raised a few days ago to lower hashrate on the pool, once your miner hits a difficulty its profitable at, its steady going
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:51 pm

mrgoldy wrote:Yes. Prohashing takes a bit to get some accepted compared to some other pools I tried, but after awhile they start flowing in.
This doesn't affect profitability at all. The shares getting accepted are simply worth more.
mrgoldy

Post by mrgoldy » Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:56 pm

Thanks Steve. I figured as much. I really like prohashing format compared to others, so I'm sticking with it.
ltorr3s

Post by ltorr3s » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:33 am

Hello there i'm new to mining and tried to mine etherum recently with no success, found out that the gpuminers i was using didn't work well with my GPU and ended giving up and moving on, on my search for litecoin it led me to prohashing.

So i've created an account and started. Had a few erros but now everything seems to work properly except for the fact that my worker does not seem to show properly on the web page and no coins gained till now.

im using guiminer 2012-12-03 left everything at defalt with password parameter n=[name]
i have an average speed of 180 Mhash/s and 393/140 shares?
console does not show any errors, but no aditional information
i'm using an AMD Radeon 6870 2GB

i reused this topic because i didn't want to open another new one...

So what do you guys think, should i configure something else or is everything ok and i should just wait and forget ir working for me?
ltorr3s

Post by ltorr3s » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:49 am

im my earnings page also shows no valid shares yet
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:53 am

ltorr3s wrote:Hello there i'm new to mining and tried to mine etherum recently with no success, found out that the gpuminers i was using didn't work well with my GPU and ended giving up and moving on, on my search for litecoin it led me to prohashing.

So i've created an account and started. Had a few erros but now everything seems to work properly except for the fact that my worker does not seem to show properly on the web page and no coins gained till now.

im using guiminer 2012-12-03 left everything at defalt with password parameter n=[name]
i have an average speed of 180 Mhash/s and 393/140 shares?
console does not show any errors, but no aditional information
i'm using an AMD Radeon 6870 2GB

i reused this topic because i didn't want to open another new one...

So what do you guys think, should i configure something else or is everything ok and i should just wait and forget ir working for me?
make sure your miner is setup to mine scrypt algo
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:55 am

ltorr3s wrote:im my earnings page also shows no valid shares yet
Since you are using a GPU, and the default difficulty is so high, it's unlikely you'll find a share for at least an hour. That doesn't mean you're making less money, just that when you do find a share, it will probably be worth 1 cent.

You can set a static difficulty of "d=1024" to significantly reduce the time until you submit a share. That won't affect your profits, but will allow you to confirm that you are mining correctly.

Mining with a GPU is best for Ethereum, which you can do at another pool. GPUs like that can earn about $10/day in ETH, compared to about 9 cents per day here.
ltorr3s

Post by ltorr3s » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:33 pm

Thaks for replying, tried very hard but found a lot of problems with ETH, so if i use CPU instead, would it change anything? i have an AMD FX 6100 six cores
ltorr3s

Post by ltorr3s » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:06 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
ltorr3s wrote:im my earnings page also shows no valid shares yet
Since you are using a GPU, and the default difficulty is so high, it's unlikely you'll find a share for at least an hour. That doesn't mean you're making less money, just that when you do find a share, it will probably be worth 1 cent.

You can set a static difficulty of "d=1024" to significantly reduce the time until you submit a share. That won't affect your profits, but will allow you to confirm that you are mining correctly.

Mining with a GPU is best for Ethereum, which you can do at another pool. GPUs like that can earn about $10/day in ETH, compared to about 9 cents per day here.
If you say i can make 10$ is a good thing, that's a good reward, tried a pool recently but i can't even connect... it's much more complicated to work with etherum...