Other Miners connected on my account

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
molli0707

Other Miners connected on my account

Post by molli0707 » Thu May 25, 2017 7:18 pm

i have a baikal mini x11 and connected it to prohashing pool. works great - but i also constantly see other live workers connected to my account. i set up the pw as a=x11 c=dash but see in the live workers other x11 coin and scrypt workers. wondering if i am connecting incorrectly to the pool. thanks!
JKDReaper

Re: Other Miners connected on my account

Post by JKDReaper » Thu May 25, 2017 9:54 pm

I see this with several of the rigs I rent...1 hashes and 1 or more just sit...never checked with the owners to see why but seems to be the same rigs do it everytime.
dj2381

Post by dj2381 » Fri May 26, 2017 5:48 am

I had the same, I also had my own duplicate miners on my account, my mining efficiency also dropped below 50% while this was happening, yesterday was not a good day for mining due to this, it was going on for at least half the day.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri May 26, 2017 8:23 am

JKDReaper wrote:I see this with several of the rigs I rent...1 hashes and 1 or more just sit...never checked with the owners to see why but seems to be the same rigs do it everytime.
Do you know what the worker names are that you don't expect?

If others here could also post this information, I can investigate whether they are all from the same person. Perhaps he just wants to make "donations" and be kind to everyone.
molli0707

Post by molli0707 » Fri May 26, 2017 9:38 am

thanks for the reply. not sure how to tell what the other miner names are on the account (just mine).

as an update - this morning it seems like it's back to recognizing just my rig

thx
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri May 26, 2017 9:57 am

molli0707 wrote:thanks for the reply. not sure how to tell what the other miner names are on the account (just mine).

as an update - this morning it seems like it's back to recognizing just my rig

thx
If it happens again, just look at "live worker status" and see what the names of the workers are.

There is no harm when this happens, as whoever is doing that is just giving you free money, but I want to know in case someone has misconfigured their miners and then comes asking why.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Fri May 26, 2017 1:01 pm

i wouldnt complain.. any work it does will be credited to your account.. lol
sirslayerjr

Post by sirslayerjr » Fri May 26, 2017 1:29 pm

it happen to me !!! i was getting free hashes , watching my amount go up 1 cent per second.. it only lasted for 10 min ??.. maybe the server was just catching up and was returning my lost funds?? i wont complain no more
JKDReaper

Post by JKDReaper » Fri May 26, 2017 1:33 pm

For me, the "extra" miners usually don't hash just sit, while the "main" one hashes. Some miners I've rented will have up to 8 workers, each hashing
For me, on the rentals, the total hash rate is correct whether its just the 1 worker hashing or 8. I had assumed it was multiple cards or whatever combined in one rig. I've also noticed what seems to be "ghost" workers...if a rig disconnects and reconnects a couple times in a short period, it'll show 2 or more workers, like the original is still showing just not hashing.

To original poster...were all of the workers actually hashing or sitting idle?
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Fri May 26, 2017 1:44 pm

maybe a backup hasher incase one fails? your paying for hashpower right?