How to make the most of Prohashing?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
synonym

How to make the most of Prohashing?

Post by synonym » Sat May 20, 2017 5:22 am

Hi,

I came to Prohashing because I was looking for a Verge mining pool. I'm also interested in Rabbitcoin, another Scrypt coin which seems to be supported by Prohashing.

At first I didnt realise that it was a PPS, combined hashrate pool. It seems that the most profitable coins are mined by all miners, and then sold to purchase whichever coin the individual miners wants. Is that right?

So my question is, how can I make the most of Prohashing? I'm just a small-time miner, using a 7970 and a 780Ti with cgminer. My share rate is pretty slow when connecting to prohashing without a password (which I suppose adds me to the general Scrypt pool).

It seems these are the two options:

1. Mine without a password (which adds me to the combined pool), and then choose to be paid out in whatever coin(s) I choose.
2. Mine without a password (which adds me to the combined pool), and choose only to be paid out in Litecoin or Bitcoin (since these are probably what the pool admins are using to buy the other coins).

I read the help page which talked about 'supporting' coins, and 'if you want the price of a coin to go up'. I guess I understand that, but I dont think I have enough hashpower to really make a difference in a coin going higher or lower in price. If I had the hashrate I would like to support Verge and Rabbitcoin, in the hope of their future success...

But wouldnt it just be better to take bitcoin/litecoin/mostprofitablecoin and then exchange it myself?

Basically if anyone could tell me 'what I would do in your situation is this...' I would be thankful! Thanks!
GregoryGHarding

Re: How to make the most of Prohashing?

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sat May 20, 2017 1:48 pm

if you want to exchange yourself you should go solo mining, but you will lose profit because youre gambling on finding a block. the most profitable way to make money with prohashing is simply no password
synonym

Post by synonym » Sun May 21, 2017 2:26 am

Okay, great! That is what I've been doing.

But what about the best payout coins? Currently they seem to be Litecoin and GameCredits; not only because they are profitable, but I imagine there is a larger reserve of them to be paid out, rather than the pool operators having to purchase coins from an exchange to use for payouts.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sun May 21, 2017 11:06 am

they all have a payout threshold of 1 dollar with the exception of bitcoin because of fees. they only hold enough of one crypto to payout the users who are requesting that coin.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon May 29, 2017 9:06 am

synonym wrote:Okay, great! That is what I've been doing.

But what about the best payout coins? Currently they seem to be Litecoin and GameCredits; not only because they are profitable, but I imagine there is a larger reserve of them to be paid out, rather than the pool operators having to purchase coins from an exchange to use for payouts.
There are more of them to pay out, but it makes no difference to us as to what payout coins people choose (with one exception.) We buy coins almost immediately after they are earned, and they are held to pay out the next day.

The one exception is that we lose money on days when coins go into bubbles. When ETH was rising fast, we couldn't buy it fast enough and we were always losing a few percent since our buying program takes a few minutes to run each time. But this doesn't affect miners; they still get paid the number of coins they earned at the time of mining.