Update on X11 mining?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
excelerator

Update on X11 mining?

Post by excelerator » Tue May 02, 2017 11:42 am

Steve,

Since the launch of X11 mining, it seems from your reporting that rarely there are other X11 coins worth switching from DASH as the difference between the daily returns from X11 coin switching and straight Dash are neglible.

Can you provide us some insight into your finding from the release of X11 mining?
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Re: Update on X11 mining?

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Tue May 02, 2017 11:09 pm

What I've noticed is that there are two states of the system since Dash difficulty adjusts much more aggressively than Litecoin. Half of the time, Dash is more profitable than all the other coins, and we just mine Dash. The other half of the time, Dash is near the bottom of the profitability list, and we mine everything else. However, X11 profitability should have improved a lot since because on Sunday, I got about 40 additional X11 coins working.

One of the main issues with X11 was lost blocks, which disabled a lot of profitable coins. When submitting blocks for scrypt coins, there are two behaviors - for pure proof-of-work coins, the client always returns a SHA-256D hash, and for hybrid proof-of-stake coins, the client always returns a scrypt hash. If the returned hash does not match ours, then we consider the block lost. However, for X11, that rule is broken. There is no correlation between proof of work or hybrid proof of stake and whether the client returns an X11 or SHA-256D hash. We had to program into our mining server a way for me to manually set on each coin what type of hash is returned. In addition, I needed the block explorer to be online so I could verify the correct types of block hashes.

Now that all the block hash data is correct, there are a lot more coins that can be mined, and I rarely see Dash being mined anymore. Once we get the "coins mined per day" chart working for X11, then this behavior should be evident.
excelerator

Re: Update on X11 mining?

Post by excelerator » Tue May 02, 2017 11:33 pm

Thanks for the insight on the launch! It's realiy helpful to understand a little of what happens in the kitchen.
I'm looking forward to the charting for Monday & Tuesday deltas for DASH vs all other X11

UPDATE: I looked at the chart for "1 MH/s expected payouts" and again the delta between DASH & Other X11 for April 30 & May 1 are neglible. Is this a charting bug or is the spread really close to zero? The returns are still great but still surprised by the small delta.