A4 Dominator Configuration

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
thedesigner

Re: A4 Dominator Configuration

Post by thedesigner » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:36 pm

tmopar wrote:mine does this once in a while... especially lately for some reason.

Its not broke cuz its cold... its cold cuz its broke. Power it completely off and on after waiting 10 seconds. Hopefully it will come back up online.

I would advise moving it from its current location, I dont think they like vibration at all. I had this piece in the garage up on a shelf by itself for a month and it worked flawlessly. I moved it into a room of other miners and it started having this issue. Because I am running it in an AC'd house i put it on the carpet for the antivibration properties. Lets see how it goes.
So i have to power off my miner and restart? Can i do this from web page? i'm not phisycally near the ASIC.
tmopar

Post by tmopar » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:02 pm

I dont think you can from the webpage. They are running some kinda raspbian so you could by SSH. I recommend going to ebay and typing in "Magicfly 5"... these things are the shit. Be advised!!!!! -- 10 AMPS MAX --- but they will power your dominator as long as you do one for each actual physical dominator unit... If you just have the one piece with two boards these are cool..

the magic fly pieces are awesome. I have them on radios and fans in the house... so I can turn on stuff that was never really designed to have that feature. Compliments things very well. You can sit in your room and hit a button and it will turn whatever is plugged in off and on about 1000 feet away.
thedesigner

Post by thedesigner » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:21 pm

Wow, good thing.. So, I can resolve my problem of half hashrate rebooting the Asic?
tmopar

Post by tmopar » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:04 pm

Well it fixes it for me but be careful man it could be toast i dont wana get your hopes up. you need to lay hands upon the piece to know for sure.

Also think about the environment... too hot? too cold ? (condensation) ... too noisy (vibrations) voltage spikes and dips?

220 is the answer for the latter.
nivan12345

Post by nivan12345 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:19 am

Hey guys, I'm having such complexity as I am trying to set up the A4 Dominator. I believe I orderedthe 3rd batch that comes with the Orange Pi TF and all that happens as I turn it on is that the red lights from the rear of the miner flash repeated. In addition as I try to change the IP address multiple times to configure the Miner, it will not allow me to connect to the mining page 192.168.1.254 and this whole thing has got me frustrated !!! Can somebody please help me out ?
thedesigner

Post by thedesigner » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:40 am

nivan12345 wrote:Hey guys, I'm having such complexity as I am trying to set up the A4 Dominator. I believe I orderedthe 3rd batch that comes with the Orange Pi TF and all that happens as I turn it on is that the red lights from the rear of the miner flash repeated. In addition as I try to change the IP address multiple times to configure the Miner, it will not allow me to connect to the mining page 192.168.1.254 and this whole thing has got me frustrated !!! Can somebody please help me out ?
I had the same problem but it was necessary to only change the ip address of the miner..from 192.168.1.254 to 192.168.1.253.
nivan12345

Post by nivan12345 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:41 pm

how would you change the ip address of the miner, ?
jinxorbit

Post by jinxorbit » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:12 am

To change the IP address of the miner I use my laptop and hard wire to the miner. Then configure the IP addrress on the laptop to be 192.168.1.2. then http to the miner at http://192.168.1.254 this is for the initial setup. after you change the miners IP, it will no longer be visible to your laptop, you would have to reconfig your laptop to the IP subnet that you have just assigned to the miner. once you do that you can then http into the miner to setup the pool config.
bammayhem

Post by bammayhem » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:12 pm

Hi all,
Thanks for all the posts here, I have learned alot about my new to me miner. However, I seem to have hit a wall. The miner I was shipped came with software version 1.1.0 and I cannot get it to connect to anything. I had some extra micro SD cards sitting around and I flashed 2.1.0 and 2.0.3 onto a 16 gb micro SD card. I don't think it matters -> but I used Etcher for Mac to flash the updated hardware. I am 90% sure I did this correctly (It took around 15 min to flash then 15 min to verify)

I do believe I have a v2 device as the PI has v2.0 sitcker and the sticker on the machine itself says 2017 5 26. When I install the SD card, I can't see it on the network nor access it at 192.168.1.254. I changed IP on the 1.1.0 to 250 so that the router would make room.

I don't think I am doing anything wrong but it just will not work. I am beginning to get extremely frustrated. I reached out to Innosilicon but it is the weekend so I doubt I will hear back. Any and all help would be appriciated. I can send pictures and screenshots if that is helpful.

Please help!
n00bminer

Post by n00bminer » Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:26 pm

Can you check you router to see if it is getting an ip from dhcp? can you link straight to your computer and use broad range class A network and scan to see if you see it on the line?