A4 Dominator Configuration

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
jinxorbit

Re: A4 Dominator Configuration

Post by jinxorbit » Fri May 12, 2017 1:56 pm

@dj2381 it takes a minute or so to connect. I would recommend to point them at prohashing rather than nicehash since the payouts for me have been much better. It sounds like you have an older production model. also try using this url; stratum+tcp://scrypt.usa.nicehash.com:3333#xnsub or stratum+tcp://scrypt.eu.nicehash.com:3333#xnsub keep in mind... prohashing payouts are better.
Last edited by jinxorbit on Fri May 12, 2017 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jinxorbit

Post by jinxorbit » Fri May 12, 2017 2:00 pm

Just did the upgrade to 2.0.3 while my ISP had an outage... no major changes to the configuration I have posted here... no comments yet on if there is a performance improvement. (I am running on a bridged ethernet connection, I will know more when the dedicated ISP is back online so I can run hardwired.)
dj2381

Post by dj2381 » Sat May 13, 2017 1:55 am

Ok so the A4 miner has shown up on prohashing, but it seems to be stuck on Calculating hashrate:

Difficulty: 16,384
Target difficulty: 16,384 (dynamic)
Work restart delay: Need more shares
Current restart penalty: 1.000
Minimum network difficulty: Not set
2hr share count: 141
2hr avg hashrate: Need more shares
Since first share: 05:40
Mode: Pay-per-share
Merge mining restarts: dynamic

My earnings seemed to have increased so is it mining?

Is there something I can do to get the hash rate to show up?

Edit: It finally showed up :D
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat May 13, 2017 8:16 am

dj2381 wrote:Ok so the A4 miner has shown up on prohashing, but it seems to be stuck on Calculating hashrate:

Difficulty: 16,384
Target difficulty: 16,384 (dynamic)
Work restart delay: Need more shares
Current restart penalty: 1.000
Minimum network difficulty: Not set
2hr share count: 141
2hr avg hashrate: Need more shares
Since first share: 05:40
Mode: Pay-per-share
Merge mining restarts: dynamic

My earnings seemed to have increased so is it mining?

Is there something I can do to get the hash rate to show up?

Edit: It finally showed up :D
The hashrates are calculated every five minutes for all miners who have received two coin switches. In this case, it looks like you got unlucky and happened to connect just after the hashrate calculation thread had finished, so you had to wait longer than usual.
dj2381

Post by dj2381 » Mon May 15, 2017 3:15 am

Thanks for the info, I seem to be getting a lot of rejected shares, the miner is doing 273MH on the UI, while earnings is showing it's only reaching 205MH, would I be able to update this miner to the latest version? or is this the wrong batch?
jinxorbit

Post by jinxorbit » Mon May 15, 2017 7:21 am

Your can download version 2.0.2 from the Inno site. I don't know which versions will work on your miner, you may need to send Inno an email to find out.
dj2381

Post by dj2381 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:48 am

One of my A4's have stopped communicating, I cannot reach the ip address, anyone experience this before?
jinxorbit

Post by jinxorbit » Tue May 23, 2017 12:51 pm

dj2381 wrote:One of my A4's have stopped communicating, I cannot reach the ip address, anyone experience this before?
Image a new SD card and start over, probably quicker than trying to triage the network setup.
Eyedol-X

Post by Eyedol-X » Tue May 23, 2017 7:20 pm

dj2381 wrote:One of my A4's have stopped communicating, I cannot reach the ip address, anyone experience this before?
SSH into the Pi and reboot it would be my first suggestion

I have encountered an issue with 2.0.3 where after near 30 days of uptime, the main miner configuration page crashed but the miner status page is still working and the miner has been hashing for over 45 days now no problem.

I don't need to change the configuration on the miner so I'm not going to reboot it remotely unless i have a reason to.
jinxorbit

Post by jinxorbit » Wed May 24, 2017 9:37 am

Eyedol-X wrote:
SSH into the Pi and reboot it would be my first suggestion

I have encountered an issue with 2.0.3 where after near 30 days of uptime, the main miner configuration page crashed but the miner status page is still working and the miner has been hashing for over 45 days now no problem.

I don't need to change the configuration on the miner so I'm not going to reboot it remotely unless i have a reason to.
Good point a reboot is always a good idea. A hard boot may fix the problem if you can't http or ssh into the PI. Last option should be re-image and re-config.