A4 Dominator Configuration

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
jinxorbit

Re: A4 Dominator Configuration

Post by jinxorbit » Mon May 01, 2017 2:45 pm

I am going to look into 2.0.3. the 15.01% device reject seems high. on mine when the DevRej hits 20% the core quits getting shares and just idles out. Maybe 2.0.3 will fix this. for now setting the difficulty lower really helps.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon May 01, 2017 2:50 pm

Eyedol-X wrote:
jinxorbit wrote:Image
Current config as of 5/1/2017 11:00 am EST;
this configuration has been running stable for several hours.
Device reject .76% to 2.37%.
You're still running the 2.0.2 software. I suggest you move to 2.0.3 -- It has several fixes beyond the Nicehash Xnonce support and greatly improved the performance of mine.

Edit:

Well I just checked mine out
23days 20h 19m 06s Runtime
15.01% Device Reject
2.66% Pool Reject
0.05% Pool Stale
2.66% seems reasonable, since you gain much more than 2.66% by the coin-switching. But that device reject number is really high. Is that correlated to which pool you choose, or is that something internal to the miner?
jinxorbit

Post by jinxorbit » Mon May 01, 2017 3:59 pm

When I lowered the difficulty drop-down on the A4 miner setup page to 8(-default) all of my issues with the pool went away. originally this was set to 8192 which causes the high reject rate.
sneakgeekz

Post by sneakgeekz » Mon May 01, 2017 4:11 pm

Eyedol-X wrote:
jinxorbit wrote:Image
Current config as of 5/1/2017 11:00 am EST;
this configuration has been running stable for several hours.
Device reject .76% to 2.37%.
You're still running the 2.0.2 software. I suggest you move to 2.0.3 -- It has several fixes beyond the Nicehash Xnonce support and greatly improved the performance of mine.

Edit:

15.01% Device Reject
2.66% Pool Reject
0.05% Pool Stale
I just got my A4 having same issues with lower hashrate. My firmware is V0.0.2(TF) Where can I get 2.0.3?
Eyedol-X

Post by Eyedol-X » Mon May 01, 2017 4:23 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
Eyedol-X wrote:

Edit:

15.01% Device Reject
2.66% Pool Reject
0.05% Pool Stale
2.66% seems reasonable, since you gain much more than 2.66% by the coin-switching. But that device reject number is really high. Is that correlated to which pool you choose, or is that something internal to the miner?
Honestly, I don't know what is causing that -- I only mine at PH and use NH as a failover -- since the miner hasn't been rebooted in 23+ days those numbers could be due to the Pool going down during the update periods and failing over.

I don't see an issue with my hashrate or payouts so I have no complaints here.

The only thing I do know is I see the below and it started when I added my A4's to PH.
Both primary and merge mined shares are stale: 4
Duplicate share: 8
Eyedol-X

Post by Eyedol-X » Mon May 01, 2017 4:25 pm

sneakgeekz wrote:
I just got my A4 having same issues with lower hashrate. My firmware is V0.0.2(TF) Where can I get 2.0.3?
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you have a Batch 1 miner and you need a hardware update to move it to Batch 3 which will support the 2.0.3 software. Until you do this, the 2.0.3 software will not work. You can contact Innosilicon to get on a list for them to send you a firmware update jig to physically flash the cards in the A4... its what I had to do to update mine.

B1 uses 0.0.x software
B2 uses 1.0.x software
B3 uses 2.0.x software

They say you can run B2 software on a B1 but I've never tried it. I do know and can confirm B3 software will not work on B2 or B1 A4's.

There is a lengthy thread here and also over on bitcointalk regarding these issues -- on BCT alot of info is in the A4 Preorder thread.
sneakgeekz

Post by sneakgeekz » Mon May 01, 2017 5:41 pm

Eyedol-X wrote:
sneakgeekz wrote:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you have a Batch 1 miner and you need a hardware update to move it to Batch 3 which will support the 2.0.3 software. Until you do this, the 2.0.3 software will not work. You can contact Innosilicon to get on a list for them to send you a firmware update jig to physically flash the cards in the A4... its what I had to do to update mine.

B1 uses 0.0.x software
B2 uses 1.0.x software
B3 uses 2.0.x software

They say you can run B2 software on a B1 but I've never tried it. I do know and can confirm B3 software will not work on B2 or B1 A4's.

There is a lengthy thread here and also over on bitcointalk regarding these issues -- on BCT alot of info is in the A4 Preorder thread.
That sucks I purchased it last week from Inno. I would think they would send me the latest hardware/software.
Thanks alot for the info Ill check BCT and email Inno now.
Eyedol-X

Post by Eyedol-X » Mon May 01, 2017 9:32 pm

sneakgeekz wrote:
Eyedol-X wrote:
sneakgeekz wrote:

B1 uses 0.0.x software
B2 uses 1.0.x software
B3 uses 2.0.x software

That sucks I purchased it last week from Inno. I would think they would send me the latest hardware/software.
Thanks alot for the info Ill check BCT and email Inno now.
Yeah that sounds very odd, hopefully you got a B3 miner and the software they provided just happens to be the B1 version. If you have a spare SD card you can try downloading the 2.0.3 software and loading it up -- I highly recommend you do not overwrite you factory SD card.

2.0.3 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/sis8eoeo6wxoq ... 3.zip?dl=0
jinxorbit

Post by jinxorbit » Sat May 06, 2017 12:01 pm

I have downloaded and imaged SD cards with v2.0.3, but after dropping the difficulty down to 1 on the config page, v2.0.2 is running so well that I don't want to take the miners offline for the upgrade. I will try it out when profits margins drop and the miners are ready for a PM reboot.
dj2381

Post by dj2381 » Fri May 12, 2017 10:58 am

Hey guys, I need some help, I just received a pair of these in the mail, all set up and ready to go, power on and IP working, I have this version V1.1.0(TF) if it helps, the lights on the miners are flashing, it says it is running but there is no info to display below or in real time monitoring, it said socket error on the real time monitoring, I am using nicehash, I think I have the correct address set up, can anyone help? Maybe my address is wrong, if someone has the correct nicehash address can you please post it, I could be doing something wrong which is simple to fix, I don't know, any help is welcome.