Help with Zeus Thunder X6

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
dustind900

Re: Help with Zeus Thunder X6

Post by dustind900 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:15 am

I get a lot of hardware errors when my diff is lower than 2048. Ill give give 236 a try. Thanks
tmopar

Post by tmopar » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:09 pm

These things get hardware errors periodically. watch the power connectors on the pieces too, I had some close calls before i wised up and just redid all the wiring. Not only will a poor power connection give you low hashes... it might leave not only your litecoin dreams up in ashes.

i recommend getting 14ga wire and a 1200 watt power supply
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:18 pm

We have two of them, and our experience is just like tmopar. One likes a clock of around 240MHz, and the other around 250MHz. Keep in mind that hardware errors don't break anything, what matters is the accepted hashrate. We would have to clock the miners around 200MHz if we wanted no hardware errors.

Also worth mentioning is that one of our Thunder X6s had a board fail. It wouldn't start mining at all with one failed board; you would try to start cgminer and it would immediately close. After troubleshooting which board it was, I disconnected the board's power and data wires and changed the settings in cgminer to 96 chips. The miner now works fine at 15 MH/s. So if it won't start, it could be that a board failed.
dustind900

Post by dustind900 » Mon May 01, 2017 3:30 pm

Where can I find a wiring schematic for these Titans? When I bought it the power supply was already wired up, but it is a very crappy job. That is how I got it to work in the first place was by fixing some of the bad connections. I think I can get a bit more out of this machine if I redo the wiring the right way.

Was is your avg Hardware Error %? With the settings below I get about 20% on Prohashing and about 10% on hash-to coins. Not to mention tons of duplicate shares.

Code: Select all

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o prohashing.com:3333 -u dustind900 -p "d=1024 n=dd901" --nocheck-golden --chips-count 128 --ltc-clk 248 -S //./COM5
dustind900

Post by dustind900 » Fri May 05, 2017 1:33 am

Ok I think I got it running a little better now. For my last question...

Do any of you guys have any other recommended settings, like zeus-readcount, queue, or expiry?
dustind900

Post by dustind900 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:37 am

Just wondering if this PSU will work for my Thunder? https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product. ... 6817207019
Maxumark

Post by Maxumark » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:21 pm

I might say try a clock of 238, 236 as tmopar says, 228 and see which one give you the highest hash at the pool. FYI the X6 was factory undervolted to 1.1 volt and "tuned" to run at 238. I have seen some run at 245, 248 and 250, but most do not. But I have found that each machine has its own sweet spot, and I have always liked to minimize hardware errors, and get optimal results at the pool, ans that what you are getting paid on. What I mean exactly is that what ever your GUI says use as a guide, but track the hash that you are getting credit for at the pool.
I have ran many of these and still have a few to sell if anyone is interested.