Hashrate not updating on site

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
jpl691234

Hashrate not updating on site

Post by jpl691234 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:27 am

Hello,

I am new here i am using cudaminer , according the miner it self it is hashing and finding blocks. It has been running for awhile, but the hash rate is not updating on the website. I just want to make sure i am getting credit for the mining.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Re: Hashrate not updating on site

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:31 pm

Hi. Are you sure that you are mining scrypt? If you are mining another algorithm, your mining software will still show you as finding shares and blocks, but our pool will reject them. With no valid shares, we also can't calculate hashrate, which would explain what you see on the website.
jpl691234

Post by jpl691234 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:56 pm

well first of all i have tried ccminer, cgminer and cudaminer. all got the same result.

and is there a way of knowing? anytime i add --scrypt into the miner info i get an error. so it was set to auto algorithm
jpl691234

Post by jpl691234 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:03 pm

http://imgur.com/a/IboGc

here is the start of my mining.. it seems like it is set to scrypt.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:59 am

I see that your account has found blocks, recorded hashrate, and has earned money, so you are mining scrypt. The miner isn't connected at the moment so I can't diagnose further. However, my suspicion is that the miner isn't submitting shares frequently enough to get an accurate hashrate calculation, which is why it is stuck at "calculating hashrate".
jrmitkow

Post by jrmitkow » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:59 am

I have a similar issue where I have 4 miners running and they show no valid shares. Looking at the hashrate it has wild swings of 0 to 80M.
Prophqt

Post by Prophqt » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:11 pm

Hi, I am having a similar problem. I have been mining for a while, yet it says No Valid Shares Yet... Any help?
(Screenshot of miner and worker status)
http://prntscr.com/hnoh71
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:50 pm

Prophqt wrote:Hi, I am having a similar problem. I have been mining for a while, yet it says No Valid Shares Yet... Any help?
(Screenshot of miner and worker status)
http://prntscr.com/hnoh71
It looks like you're mining with a GPU. GPUs won't find shares for many hours, and will make less than a hundredth of a cent per day.

I recommend that you go to an Ethereum pool, where you can earn more with your GPUs.
Prophqt

Post by Prophqt » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:53 pm

Oh! Had no idea! Thanks for the advice!