Windows CPU Mining problems...HELP

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
JKDReaper

Windows CPU Mining problems...HELP

Post by JKDReaper » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:41 pm

So I'm trying to connect with my laptop using various cpu miners...but I get this error..."Stratum Authentication Failed".

I'm starting the miners (little beginning variance depending on miner but all same after launch command)-
cpuminer -a scrypt -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333 -u jkdreaper -p "n=1"
I've tried every possible password ittaration I can think of, with and without the quotes, blank, x, caps, etc... I've tried replacing the "prohashing.com:3333" with "proxy.prohashing.com:443" and it times out without connecting. I can connect to all other pools that I've tried (Multipool.us, Clevermining, iSpace, ipominer, MiningPoolHub, and NiceHash) and have no problem connecting to 3333 port so it's not blocked on my PC or Router or Provider.

Appears to be an account verification issue?!?! But same credentials "jkdreaper" and variable passwords work with rentals.

I point a ton of Rental Hash at this pool and it is by FAR my preferred pool, but after literally 2.5 weeks of downloading miners, trying various things in the command/setup, digging forums, etc...I can't find anything that works. I intend on leaving atleast 2 cpu miners running 24/7 and I really want to keep all my hash pointed here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated...and the sooner the better, I'm at my breaking point in trying lol...
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Re: Windows CPU Mining problems...HELP

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:00 am

Thank you for the detailed information! I don't see anything wrong with that configuration, so I will look into this. Can you reply with a link to the version of cpuminer you are using so that I can test on my own PC with that exact version?

One thing I can think of in the meantime - are you naming all your miners "1"? Because our server will reject connections if multiple miners attempt to use the same miner name.
JKDReaper

Post by JKDReaper » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:23 am

Cpuminer-opt veraion 3.3.8

And

Cpuminer-multi version 1.3.1

Both x64. No, I actually either don't name them at all or name them all different.
JKDReaper

Post by JKDReaper » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:10 am

I know you've been busy with all that's going on but any update or suggestions on my issue here?
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:57 pm

Hi. I apologize, but i don't have any information at the moment. I will look into this on Monday. On Monday, all three major projects that have been stealing all my time (X11 release, Toastmasters conference planning, taxes) will be over, so I will be working on all the minor issues with the pool that have accumulated over the past months.
JKDReaper

Post by JKDReaper » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:12 am

No problem, I COMPLETELY understand. I'm a CPA and own my my own firm, so I can sympathize absolutely, I feel your pain :) And no rush, the cpu/Android mining is obviously not going to net me hundreds of dollars for a couple more days lol. Do greatly appreciate all the work!
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:36 pm

Fortunately, I finished and submitted the taxes on Friday. The biggest challenge is figuring out which tax laws apply to us because we don't cleanly fit into any type of typical business. We're going to work on bugs with the X11 code on Monday, but I should be able to help you on Monday evening or Tuesday morning.
JKDReaper

Post by JKDReaper » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:55 pm

Ya, after reading this I did some thinking and a bit of research and there really is no "clear" type of business you'd classify this as. I'm sure you've talked to people but if I can be of assistance in this I'd gladly help, just shoot me a message, I came up with a couple possible ideas at the office today. Tax season winding down and I finished up most of the extensions today so my free time has increased exponentially lol. As for the CPU mining issue, again, I understand and don't want you to feel rushed.

Jason
JKDReaper

Post by JKDReaper » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:04 pm

Update...suddenly my Android apps are connecting and hashing on both X11 and Scrypt. Windows/CPU however is still giving the "Stratum Authentication Failed" on both. Using exact same settings on CPU and Android. I've tried regularly since the X11 release and today is first time it's worked on Android...2 days ago it didn't. Maybe something you changed internally in past couple days? Don't know, just thought maybe you'd see some connection internally.

Jason