LTC Segwit Softfork

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
gaanthony

LTC Segwit Softfork

Post by gaanthony » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:17 pm

If LTC Segregated witness becomes a reality what is the net effect on mining LTC at this pool? I'm not sure what it means for existing Scrypt mining hardware. Thoughts?
gaanthony

Re: LTC Segwit Softfork

Post by gaanthony » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:30 pm

gaanthony wrote:If LTC Segregated witness becomes a reality what is the net effect on mining LTC at this pool? I'm not sure what it means for existing Scrypt mining hardware. Thoughts?
Found this doing some additional research.
Note that, because of the aforementioned backwards compatibility, the upgrade to Litecoin 0.13.2 is not mandatory for regular users, nor need pool miners update their mining software. An upgrade is only necessary for pools and solo miners.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:30 am

We're going to be implementing segwit for our LTC blocks at some point, presumably before the fork occurs. Getting out the X11 server is our first priority, then we will work on user-requested features like LTC segwit. We're looking into if we can make a simple change to signal segwit right now since so many users have requested it (even if we can't submit segwit blocks yet).
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:56 am

gaanthony wrote:
gaanthony wrote:If LTC Segregated witness becomes a reality what is the net effect on mining LTC at this pool? I'm not sure what it means for existing Scrypt mining hardware. Thoughts?
Note that, because of the aforementioned backwards compatibility, the upgrade to Litecoin 0.13.2 is not mandatory for regular users, nor need pool miners update their mining software. An upgrade is only necessary for pools and solo miners.
We upgraded to the latest version of Litecoin, so we can understand SegWit transactions. My understanding is that if SegWit activated today, the net result would be that our block explorers would be incorrect, but no money would be lost.
gaanthony

Post by gaanthony » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:33 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
gaanthony wrote:
We upgraded to the latest version of Litecoin, so we can understand SegWit transactions. My understanding is that if SegWit activated today, the net result would be that our block explorers would be incorrect, but no money would be lost.
Glad to hear it as it appears SegWit will be adopted. http://litecoinblockhalf.com/segwit.php.