Baikal X11 Questions and Support

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
JKDReaper

Re: Baikal X11 Questions and Support

Post by JKDReaper » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:31 am

Hopefully this will work and get out to other owners...hoping to get back to renting some hash here and plan to use some x11 asap
JKDReaper

Post by JKDReaper » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:43 pm

Rented some x11 rigs yesterday from MRR and from the 20 or so I tried (ranging from 100mh to 600mh), roughly half are connecting and working now, so seems owners are making the adjustments because last week I was only able to find 2 that would work.

Do you use the name excellerator there? I'd like to look for yours, try to help those who help others...
excelerator

Post by excelerator » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:59 pm

I use the same name in both places.

On MRR, my "Baikal Kraken" is configured for mining x11 on Prohashing.
The "Baikal Filter Feeder" is currently NOT configured to run on PH for X11.
Both rigs have "Rig Descriptions" to help the renter.

The single most important thing is for the rig owner to turn off the extranonce-subscribe.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:34 pm

excelerator wrote:I use the same name in both places.

On MRR, my "Baikal Kraken" is configured for mining x11 on Prohashing.
The "Baikal Filter Feeder" is currently NOT configured to run on PH for X11.
Both rigs have "Rig Descriptions" to help the renter.

The single most important thing is for the rig owner to turn off the extranonce-subscribe.
I wish there were some documentation on what this option does.

There is no E-Mail address or contact information on their website, so I can't contact them to figure out how to fix this.
excelerator

Post by excelerator » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:44 pm

JKDReaper wrote:Rented some x11 rigs yesterday from MRR and from the 20 or so I tried (ranging from 100mh to 600mh), roughly half are connecting and working now, so seems owners are making the adjustments because last week I was only able to find 2 that would work.

Do you use the name excellerator there? I'd like to look for yours, try to help those who help others...
BTW, I just rented a MRR rig myself to test on another rig other than mine. I looked for a Baikal without extranonce enabled. With a password of "x" it would not mine, but once I put "a=x11" into the configuration it mined perfectly.

I then rented another Baikal with extranonce enabled and the hash rate plummeted to zero following the same process using password of "x" and "a=x11". Just switched to another pool for the remainder of the rental and it snapped back.

The key learning here is if the MRR rig has extranonce enabled, there are no switches or hacks to get it enabled on Prohashing at this time so don't rent it.

UPDATE: I worked with the owner of the second rig (extranonce enabled) and he has now disabled it and it works perfectly with PH.
Last edited by excelerator on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JKDReaper

Post by JKDReaper » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:54 pm

Good deal...good to know what to look for now...thx
salamonovitz

Post by salamonovitz » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:18 am

how do i put my baikal giant into mining solo mode??? i cannot achieve it... i have tried with c=CANN m=solo to mine cannabis coin but miner goes dead .... do anyone knows how to do mining solo with it at prohashing?
thank you.
bkjwashere

Post by bkjwashere » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:07 pm

I signed up for the first time today, but I’ve been on 3 hours and it still says "no valid shares yet". Under notifications it says "Actual" is 0.00 MH/s, when it should be 1000 MH/s. I can’t figure out what to do to fix it. Any help would be appreciated
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:37 pm

We got BK all squared away!
Just needed the a=x11 password augment added and he was all set.
bkjwashere

Post by bkjwashere » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:48 pm

Yes, Hashingpro. That worked well for me. Sorry I didn't see your post sooner. Thanks for the help. I have another question...

Baikal support said that I need to add "+0.08" to my address on P2pools to optimize my payouts for the Giant+. Is there anything I can do to increase the production on prohashing for the Giant+? You can see their comments on p2pools here: http://asicminermarket.com/wp-content/u ... e_V1.1.pdf