Authorization failed

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
soundposition

Re: Authorization failed

Post by soundposition » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:13 pm

The problem is that the blocks need to get solved in order for the transactions (withdrawals etc.,) to process. Since the pool isn't working, there are no blocks getting solved. I'm currently mining with a very small amount of hashpower over at the P2Pool http://cypherfunks.p2p.0x0a.nl:36363/static/
hoping to solve the next block. If the block gets solved, the chain will sync up. Everyones wallet should be synced, and everything should move forward. I need some help though, because I only have about 3 Mhps to solve the block which will take 3 days.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:17 pm

soundposition wrote:The problem is that the blocks need to get solved in order for the transactions (withdrawals etc.,) to process. Since the pool isn't working, there are no blocks getting solved. I'm currently mining with a very small amount of hashpower over at the P2Pool http://cypherfunks.p2p.0x0a.nl:36363/static/
hoping to solve the next block. If the block gets solved, the chain will sync up and everyones wallet should be synced and everything should move forward. I need some help though, because I only have about 3 Mhps to solve the block which will take 3 days.
Is that a public node? If it is, perhaps Chris can use an addnode= configuration parameter to that pool. That way, he can get blockchain from that node and there will be a canonical chain for everyone to use.

But I'll defer to him as he's looking into this problem as we speak.
soundposition

Post by soundposition » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:21 pm

Yes, 0x0a made that pool years ago, and has maintained it ever since.

That's fantastic. Let's find a solution, I've worked for years tending to this blockchain. We can't let anything happen to it. :)
soundposition

Post by soundposition » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:49 pm

Good news is that the block was solved, and the chain is moving again. Everything appears to be working at the moment.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:27 pm

soundposition wrote:Good news is that the block was solved, and the chain is moving again. Everything appears to be working at the moment.
That's great to hear! Let us know if there are any problems.

The "last block was lost" check is in there to prevent us from losing hundreds of dollars due to a string of blocks on a coin that were all lost due to the same error. The pool will reset after one block is found by anyone else, but here there was nobody else mining the coin.
soundposition

Post by soundposition » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:40 pm

Thank you so much for helping fix the problem! You guys are really awesome!!

I'll tend the blockchain again as best I can.. Keeping my rigs dedicated.

Whenever you get a chance you might have to process the payout manually again, as there is a limit to how much can be transacted from what I can remember.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:37 pm

I fixed the problem. The issue was that the most recent Cypherfunk block was lost, and no one else is mining on the network. When a lost block occurs, it usually is due to an error in our mining server interpreting the block template. We have a check that prevents the pool from continuing to mine that same block height (since subsequent blocks of the same height will be based on the same block template and will keep getting lost therefore wasting hashrate/money). The problem is that this check is based upon the assumption that someone else will eventually mine that block, and once the height changes, the error will be removed. Since there seems to be no one else mining Cypherfunk, the next block never came, and we kept the coin in error. This could happen again, but for most coins it's a very rare issue.

On another note, Cryptopia is rejecting our Cypherfunk withdrawals due to an "invalid address". No matter what address I enter, it gets rejected for an invalid address. I have disabled Cypherfunk trading on Cryptopia until they resolve our ticket. I won't be able to send the full Cypherfunk payout until they fix it since the coins are stuck in the exchange.
soundposition

Post by soundposition » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:59 pm

Hi Chris,

You're both doing really good work. I believe we both fixed it! It appeared no-one was mining it (although 0x0a always mines it to keep the p2p pool alive, only because a block hadn't been solved (due perhaps to Kimoto's Gravity WelI). I hooked up (two gridseed miners) and mined on the 0x0a P2Pool until the block was solved, and once that happened your pool immediately reactivated. I also at the same time started a more powerful mining rig to prevent any further problems in the short term.

I will work with the team to provide a more long term solution. Until that time, feel free to check out some of the Cypherfunks songs that helped make this project a success:

https://soundcloud.com/thecypherfunks
soundposition

Post by soundposition » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:59 am

Hi Chris and Steve,

Is Cryptopia ready to be re-enabled?
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:10 am

I got a reply from Cryptopia on Saturday about them fixing their FUNK wallet, so on Saturday I withdrew our coins needed to pay you and re-enabled the markets.