Authorization failed

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
soundposition

Authorization failed

Post by soundposition » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:16 am

Now I'm getting this error while trying to connect from Nicehash:

Received authorization result... Error: Failed to authorize. Wrong username or password.

This is while trying to connect to the Cypherfunks pool.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Authorization failed

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:44 pm

Could you post the password you used, verbatim, so we can see if there is something you might have missed?
soundposition

Post by soundposition » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:17 pm

d=65536 c=cypherfunk m=solo

It's always worked before. It was running last night, and I woke up to this.

Thanks for looking into it. I really do appreciate it.
soundposition

Post by soundposition » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:22 am

I checked and it still isn't working. Any update?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:22 am

I looked into this and I can't reproduce the problem. I'm wondering if this is something specific to NiceHash.

Are you, perhaps, using two NiceHash connections to your user at the same time?
soundposition

Post by soundposition » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:45 am

No, I'm not using more than one NiceHash connection. I tried a different Prohashing account with no success either.
soundposition

Post by soundposition » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:54 am

I think you might be right. I'll try a different mining rig rental service and see the result.

"Your pool is shown as incompatible therefore we encourage you to contact pool operator to make sure that the pool is using minimal/starting pool share difficulty which is compatible with our service (and thus compatible with today's miners), please send them link to our FAQ on this topic: https://www.nicehash.com/index.jsp?p=faq#faqb3. Thank you!"

Look at their FAQ:

Why is my order inactive (red) with pool difficulty to low or incorrect extranonce size error?
Unfortunately we can't permit very low pool share difficulty orders, because these are making mining inefficient and are putting serious load on our servers. Keep in mind that we usually send very high hashing speed towards targeting pool, therefore low share difficulty is putting excessive load on miners, especially on today's fast ASIC miners. These low share difficulties were left in the pools due to historical reasons, but are really inefficient with today's miners.

If you are using your own custom pool, you can easily adjust higher share difficulty setting in your pool's software (usually just one setting in the software configuration).

If you are using third party pool, it usually gives you a choice to set worker difficulty under your account page. If not, we really encourage you to contact pool operator to make this choice available or even better: ask them to rise the global minimal/starting pool share difficulty. If pool is using vardiff, the initial/starting difficulty for calculating vardiff should be set at our minimal accepted share difficulty. Furthermore, our system only accepts connections to pools with correct and standard extranonce sizes. If pool uses non-standard extranonce size you will have to contact pool's operator to fix extranonce sizes to standard ones.

Keep in mind: lower difficulties were left in the pools due to historical reasons, but are really inefficient with today's miners. That said - if your orders are disconnected with "Pool difficulty too low." or invalid extranonce sizes we encourage you to contact pool operator to make sure that pool is using minimal/starting pool share difficulty which is compatible with our service (and thus compatible with today's miners).

The required minimal initial and running pool difficulty is displayed on the "Create new order" page. Each algorithm has it's own initial and running difficulty, displayed in the field called "Minimal pool difficulty". Initial pool difficulty is evaluated while order is on stand-by without miners (but still Alive) while running pool difficulty is evaluated when order starts accepting miners - hashing power is assigned to order. If pool operator can't set this for you and setting worker difficulty isn't properly evaluated by the pool, you will unfortunately be forced to use another pool that uses higher difficulty.

Keep in mind: pool share difficulty is not the same as network difficulty.

Network difficultly is set by coin's current difficulty adjusted according to the aggregated hashing power of all active miners in the coin's network (more hashing power -> higher difficulty, less hashing power -> lower difficulty). Coin's network difficulty is regulated by coin's algorithm. Lower network difficultly puts more stress on fast ASIC miners.

Pool's share difficultly is controlled by coin's pool operator - that is the target end-user pool, not our stratum server proxy pool. It can be fixed or variable - so called vardiff. Lower difficulty puts more stress on fast ASIC miners since the miner has to process excessive number of shares in a short period of time. If miner would be working only on few shares with higher difficulty the efficiency of the miner would be higher. Also, low difficulty shares effect our system since our proxy has to process excessive number of shares in a small period of time.
soundposition

Post by soundposition » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:07 am

The other mining rental service says that the username and password are incorrect. Neither of the services I tried work and both show the same error.

I tried Nicehash, and Miningrigrentals.com

Can you please check and see if there is an authorization problem?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:31 am

OK, Chris will look into this in about four hours and will get back to you then.

I put it in our bugtracker as his highest priority.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:41 pm

This is probably an issue with Cyphetfunk on our end. I know that Cryptopia has been having issues with FUNK withdrawals, so I will check to see if we are also affected.