issue with mining

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Ragekillen

issue with mining

Post by Ragekillen » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:27 pm

hello I have been mining since yesterday and only received money for a short time. my mining paid out 0.57067326 doge-coins, and my hash rate was 298.26kh/s. since then I have not received any updates on my hash rate, found blocks, live balances, etc, etc. This is probably an issue with me seeing as i am new to mining. I currently use the latest bfgminer with the command as follows

bfgminer.exe --scrypt -S opencl:auto -o http://prohashing.com:3333 -u blah -p blah

I thought that was setup correctly but when i woke up my money was the same and i decided i would post this to ask for help and / or guidance

Thank you
sincerely Ragekillen
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Re: issue with mining

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:07 pm

Hi. With a hashrate that low, you will not be submitting shares very frequently. What is your difficulty? What password arguments are you using? You are only paid once you submit shares, and perhaps you aren't submitting them. If you told me your username, either through this forum or a private message, I could look at your account and see what is happening there as well.
Ragekillen

Post by Ragekillen » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:24 pm

username= Ragekillen . I dont know what you mean password arguments all i use is -p "My Account Password", and I didn't set a difficulty but here are the stats of my current miners, its the same for all.

Difficulty: 4,096
Target difficulty: 4,096 (dynamic)
Work restart delay: Need more shares
Current restart penalty: 1.000
Minimum network difficulty: Not set
2hr share count: 0
2hr avg hashrate: Need more shares
Since first share: No shares yet
Mode: Pay-per-share
Merge mining restarts: dynamic

I have a few vps's running on it figured i could turn a profit but At the moment im going to be losing a lot lol
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:51 pm

You don't need to include your account password on the command line.

Looking at the stats, you haven't submitted any valid shares in the past two hours. I think your hashrate is so low that the pool can't even tell if you are connected because you submit shares so infrequently.

I don't think you will find this miner is profitable.
Ragekillen

Post by Ragekillen » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:40 pm

ok and as a final note then can you give me a one last bit of information.
when i turn on --scrypt i get
0 | 1.7/ 1.7/ 3.3kh/s

but without --scrypt i have 13.7Mh/s

what i want to know is why is there such a big difference between the two, the difference in power is what made me concerned that it was my fault
CritterDog

Post by CritterDog » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:23 am

Ragekillen wrote:username= Ragekillen . I dont know what you mean password arguments all i use is -p "My Account Password", and I didn't set a difficulty but here are the stats of my current miners, its the same for all.

Difficulty: 4,096
Target difficulty: 4,096 (dynamic)
Work restart delay: Need more shares
Current restart penalty: 1.000
Minimum network difficulty: Not set
2hr share count: 0
2hr avg hashrate: Need more shares
Since first share: No shares yet
Mode: Pay-per-share
Merge mining restarts: dynamic

I have a few vps's running on it figured i could turn a profit but At the moment im going to be losing a lot lol
With that low of hash rate you might try setting your difficulty off of dynamic and manually set it to d=512. I ran a gridseed orb on here using d=512 and it worked but I was running on Minera software you won't make much at all though
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:31 pm

Ragekillen wrote:ok and as a final note then can you give me a one last bit of information.
when i turn on --scrypt i get
0 | 1.7/ 1.7/ 3.3kh/s

but without --scrypt i have 13.7Mh/s

what i want to know is why is there such a big difference between the two, the difference in power is what made me concerned that it was my fault
I'm assuming you're using a CPU. The default setting is SHA-256 (Bitcoin) mining, while the --scrypt option sets mining to use the scrypt algorithm, compatible with this pool. Either way, unfortunately, your earnings with a CPU are not going to be more than the electricity/rental costs. There is dedicated hardware (ASIC miners) that are nearly 100,000 times more efficient than a CPU and yet even they still barely do better than breaking even.