[Suggestion] Portfolio targeting with Exception.

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Alynn

[Suggestion] Portfolio targeting with Exception.

Post by Alynn » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:05 am

So after some tests and mathing I know that 15% of my earnings are power costs. I decided since I use portfolio targeting, I'll just set my cash payout to 20% To hedge some AC costs as well that I can't easily quantify.

So USD has now been greatly increased % due to the way portfolio targeting works. I would like to be able to set my ACH payout to 20% and that is not affected by the rest of the portfolio. I want the investment portion to move and flux. The 20% is overhead that I don't want to be affected by the prices of anything else.

Math would look something like

shareVal*(.2) = cashValue
sharVal*(.8)=splitValue

It's low on the priority list for sure. This is kinda a quality of life thing for me as I already know that the costs are already covered, which means everything in my portfolio is mine.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: [Suggestion] Portfolio targeting with Exception.

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:47 pm

Alynn wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:05 am So after some tests and mathing I know that 15% of my earnings are power costs. I decided since I use portfolio targeting, I'll just set my cash payout to 20% To hedge some AC costs as well that I can't easily quantify.

So USD has now been greatly increased % due to the way portfolio targeting works. I would like to be able to set my ACH payout to 20% and that is not affected by the rest of the portfolio. I want the investment portion to move and flux. The 20% is overhead that I don't want to be affected by the prices of anything else.

Math would look something like

shareVal*(.2) = cashValue
sharVal*(.8)=splitValue

It's low on the priority list for sure. This is kinda a quality of life thing for me as I already know that the costs are already covered, which means everything in my portfolio is mine.
This has actually been requested by others, and it's a great idea. I'll point it out to Michael.

For right now, you can emulate this behavior by setting your electricity cost or electricity usage to the level that takes about 20% of your earnings, and then enabling automatic electricity cost payouts.