My Balances dropped

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
christoph_999

My Balances dropped

Post by christoph_999 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:54 am

Is there a reason that a balance drops?
Steve Sokolowski

Re: My Balances dropped

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:07 am

I'm not aware of any widespread issues, so I think that this is a question that is best answered in a support ticket. Feel free to submit one and we'll be glad to help you.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:06 pm

You aren't paid out in $$$$ you are paid out in COINS.

If I give you 100 zencoins and zencoins are worth $1 each, then your balance says $100.
if in the next hour, zencoins drop to 50 cents each, then your 100 coins is now worth $50.

You have still earned the same NUMBER of coins, but depending what the final price ends up as, your balance could rise or drop all day long.

You could mine 100 coins by noon, have $100 and turn off the miner for the day.
If by midnight they have soared up to $2 each, then your balance at the end of the day would be $200.
You would have doubled your total, even while not mining, due to the price of the coins you earned changing since when you last saw the total.

Since coin's prices change daily, I always look at the total number of my coins I was paid out. That way I'm comparing how many coins I get from 1 pool to another and can ignore the rise and fall in prices. Total coins is total coins for the day and it ignores pricing changes.

Hope that helps some.
christoph_999

Post by christoph_999 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:33 pm

@CSZiggy

1) i havent asked for a balance RISING. I have asked for balances DROPPING.
2) Yes, i am payed out in Bitcoin, not in us-dollars, my balances always show a bitcoin-amount.
3) This is a PayPerShare Pool, not a proportionalPayout Pool. Prohashing is renting hashrate from me and paying for valid shares, not apples, not oranges or coins. Once payed for a valid share, how can the balance reduce? Do I have to pay afterwards for being payed for sending a valid share?
4) I didnt understand what you have answered, because your answer is very offtopic, can you please repeat your answer and keep at the topic / question and answer the question?

I will rewrite my question, so that an answer will be maybe easier:
Is there ANY reason (besides a payout) that a balance can drop?

Example (just for better understanding):
First day: i have 0 bitcoins on my balance.
Next day: i am mining and get 100 Bitcoins on my balance showing up at the end of the day.
Next day i have 98 bitcoins on my balance. (a drop occured: -2 bitcoin).
Next day: payout: i get payed out 98 bitcoins and the balance drops again to 0 bitcoins.

My question is concerning the drop at the 3rd day (-2 bitcoin). My question is NOT dealing with the "normal" drop of a balance like on the 4th day (-98 bitcoins, because of a payout).

@Steve
There is still a ticket hanging at your queue, i dont want to open a next ticket before the old one has been closed. Its thematically very similar, so i also dont want to confuse and mix up things.
I will wait until you have investigated the old ticket and we have found a solution.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:02 pm

Sorry I couldn't answer your inquiry to your satisfaction. I thought I had explained why the balance could be less or more than it was before. But that is by looking at $ earned. If you were looking at # of coins and that number changed unless Chris made some modification or you owed a balance to the pool as a correction for coins they had overpaid you then the number of coins should never have dropped in the middle of the day prior to you getting a payout the following day.

From your latest post it seems you just got a few less coins each of 4 days? Or you do not understand how the daily balance, payout thresholds and payout eligibles work for making a payment and reducing the current balance by the payout eligible once it gets sent as a payout. If that is the case there is more info on that under the HELP pages: https://prohashing.com/help.html

Best of luck,
christoph_999

Post by christoph_999 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:27 am

Thank you CSZiggy for your answer
CSZiggy wrote: From your latest post it seems you just got a few less coins each of 4 days? Or you do not understand how the daily balance, payout thresholds and payout eligibles work for making a payment and reducing the current balance by the payout eligible once it gets sent as a payout. If that is the case there is more info on that under the HELP pages: https://prohashing.com/help.html

Best of luck,
:-) Yes, i understood payout eligible and payout threshold some 4 months ago. But you are right, i didnt understand it for some 1 or 2 days. Just after the first payout i realized what it means. It means the same as in other pools: "confirmed" and "pending", it has just another name (payout eligible) here at prohashing.

But there is still a problem, even then when i would not understand payout eligible or payout threshold. These are 2 different things.
Payout eligible and the payout afterwards has nothing to do with a dropping of the balance.

Im expanding the example and i add payout eligible:
You mine for some time, lets say: 1 day.
You get a balance of 100 Bitcoin in that 1 day.
1 hour later your balance shows only 98 Bitcoin.
And some hours later payout eligible shows up 98 bitcoin.
And then at a given time next day there is the payout of 98 bitcoin.
And then the balance must drop to nearly 0 (there is still some little amount on the account left, but we will not bother into this. The amount left on the account is some rounded: 0.00000001).

Is the payout correct?
Yes, it is fully correct.
You will get precisely what you see on your balance/payout eligible, that is: 98 bitcoin.
But you will still miss 2 bitcoin, isnt it?

Lets do the same with more realistic numbers, so like it happened and happens.
Lets say, you have 0,04567890123 BTC showing on your balance.
One hour later you see that you have 0,0447653232054 on your balance.
Thats it, no payout, no payout eligible or payout threshold interfering here.
It just dropped, thats all.

All in all, CSZiggy: Thank you for your reply.
I see that you tried.
I think, the rest will be investigations on a ticket which i will open.

Greetings Christoph