Zeus miners configuration

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
th3dark
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:25 am

Zeus miners configuration

Postby th3dark » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:48 pm

Hello fellow miners. This is my first post so bear with me.

I own a Zeus X3 Thunder currently running at approx. 33 MH/s and one Zeus X6 Lightning currently running at approx. 49 MH/s.
Both are in a A/C computer room and get their power from an online UPS. I use the cgminer 4.3.5.scrypt2 mining software. These miners where mining in litecoinpool.org since day one and finally I switched them to prohashing.com.

I have noticed that after a day or two they start to get a lot of rejected shares and never come out of sending bad shares loop. If I close cginer and reopen it they continue normally again for a day or two and then the whole story from the beginning.
I never had any issue with my current config in litecoinpool.org. They where always rock solid and have close to 0 HW errors. I use the same configuration in both of them.
The configuration is as follows:

X6
cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333#xnusb -u th3dark -p d=4096 -S //./COM7 --zeus-chips 256 --zeus-clock 260 --zeus-nocheck-golden

X3
cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333#xnusb -u th3dark -p d=2048 -S //./COM8 --zeus-chips 128 --zeus-clock 350 --zeus-nocheck-golden


Any ideas on what might be the problem?

Thank you in advance for your help.
User avatar
GregoryGHarding
Posts: 487
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Zeus miners configuration

Postby GregoryGHarding » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:59 pm

remove /#xnsub
--------------------------------->Join the Prohashing Slack Group Here<--------------------------------
micca410evo
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Zeus miners configuration

Postby micca410evo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:07 pm

Install minera (use the dgmaxl/zeus driver/miner), and set a restart schedule of 24/12hours..

I would also recommend to play with clockspeed (lower till stable, my zeusminers were always perfect on one certain number, for me 342, on 343 or 341, it would do so much worse)
th3dark
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:25 am

Re: Zeus miners configuration

Postby th3dark » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:30 am

GregoryGHarding wrote:remove /#xnsub


I'll give it a try thank you.

micca410evo wrote:Install minera (use the dgmaxl/zeus driver/miner), and set a restart schedule of 24/12hours..

I would also recommend to play with clockspeed (lower till stable, my zeusminers were always perfect on one certain number, for me 342, on 343 or 341, it would do so much worse)


Can you direct me to dgmaxl/zeus driver/miner because I can't seem to find it. As for the clock speed I did a lot of trial and error while setting them up some years ago and that was their optimal frequency. Don't forget that the conditions "they live in" are optimal in aspects of the electricity quality they get and room temperature. I will definitely have a look on minera. I don't know how it works exactly but I'm sure I'll figure things out.

Thank you for your help.
micca410evo
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Zeus miners configuration

Postby micca410evo » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:26 pm

th3dark wrote:
GregoryGHarding wrote:remove /#xnsub


I'll give it a try thank you.

micca410evo wrote:Install minera (use the dgmaxl/zeus driver/miner), and set a restart schedule of 24/12hours..

I would also recommend to play with clockspeed (lower till stable, my zeusminers were always perfect on one certain number, for me 342, on 343 or 341, it would do so much worse)


Can you direct me to dgmaxl/zeus driver/miner because I can't seem to find it. As for the clock speed I did a lot of trial and error while setting them up some years ago and that was their optimal frequency. Don't forget that the conditions "they live in" are optimal in aspects of the electricity quality they get and room temperature. I will definitely have a look on minera. I don't know how it works exactly but I'm sure I'll figure things out.

Thank you for your help.


It is build in, in Minera, you can get a rasp-pi image directly, flash it and you have a working system

https://github.com/getminera/minera/wiki/Getting-started
th3dark
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:25 am

Re: Zeus miners configuration

Postby th3dark » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:05 am

micca410evo wrote:
th3dark wrote:
GregoryGHarding wrote:remove /#xnsub


I'll give it a try thank you.

micca410evo wrote:Install minera (use the dgmaxl/zeus driver/miner), and set a restart schedule of 24/12hours..

I would also recommend to play with clockspeed (lower till stable, my zeusminers were always perfect on one certain number, for me 342, on 343 or 341, it would do so much worse)


Can you direct me to dgmaxl/zeus driver/miner because I can't seem to find it. As for the clock speed I did a lot of trial and error while setting them up some years ago and that was their optimal frequency. Don't forget that the conditions "they live in" are optimal in aspects of the electricity quality they get and room temperature. I will definitely have a look on minera. I don't know how it works exactly but I'm sure I'll figure things out.

Thank you for your help.


It is build in, in Minera, you can get a rasp-pi image directly, flash it and you have a working system

https://github.com/getminera/minera/wiki/Getting-started


Ok I'll purchase one raspberry pi and flash the image. I currently have both miners in a windows system.

Thank you again for your help.
micca410evo
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:55 am

Re: Zeus miners configuration

Postby micca410evo » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:24 am

th3dark wrote:
micca410evo wrote:
th3dark wrote:
I'll give it a try thank you.



Can you direct me to dgmaxl/zeus driver/miner because I can't seem to find it. As for the clock speed I did a lot of trial and error while setting them up some years ago and that was their optimal frequency. Don't forget that the conditions "they live in" are optimal in aspects of the electricity quality they get and room temperature. I will definitely have a look on minera. I don't know how it works exactly but I'm sure I'll figure things out.

Thank you for your help.


It is build in, in Minera, you can get a rasp-pi image directly, flash it and you have a working system

https://github.com/getminera/minera/wiki/Getting-started


Ok I'll purchase one raspberry pi and flash the image. I currently have both miners in a windows system.

Thank you again for your help.



Ok good, let me know if you run into trouble.

Return to “System support and feedback”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests