Yesterday's coin server issues

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Sarah Manter

Yesterday's coin server issues

Post by Sarah Manter » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:44 pm

Yesterday evening (March 27th) some of our coin servers experienced issues, which caused some of our mineable coins to go into error. Chris worked on restoring backups for affected coin blockchains overnight, and most coins are now fixed. If you are still experiencing issues, please feel free to let us know.
-Chia is fixed, but we are waiting for it to finish synching with the network, which, as you may know, can take a few days.
-We're still working on ethash-lowmem and piratechain.
Last edited by Sarah Manter on Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robinsoz

Re: Yesterday's coin server issues

Post by robinsoz » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:42 pm

Is Chia having to resync from the beginning, or is it resyncing from a fairly recent backup? I just ask because I would like to know if I should switch to solo farming until it finishes syncing or if I should just sit tight a few hours and wait for it to come back up.

Just an idea with regards to Chia - since we farm it on our own nodes, my node is happily farming away right now and if it happens to come across a block Prohashing will receive 1.75 XCH regardless of whether my node is able to connect to the pool - perhaps Prohashing might institute a policy that Chia blocks found when Chia mining services are down will be refunded to their finders.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:51 pm

robinsoz wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:42 pm Is Chia having to resync from the beginning, or is it resyncing from a fairly recent backup? I just ask because I would like to know if I should switch to solo farming until it finishes syncing or if I should just sit tight a few hours and wait for it to come back up.

Just an idea with regards to Chia - since we farm it on our own nodes, my node is happily farming away right now and if it happens to come across a block Prohashing will receive 1.75 XCH regardless of whether my node is able to connect to the pool - perhaps Prohashing might institute a policy that Chia blocks found when Chia mining services are down will be refunded to their finders.
It's having to resync from the beginning, so it will probably be a couple days. I will pass the second part of your message on to the team, as I don't have an answer on that at the moment.
robinsoz

Post by robinsoz » Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:57 pm

Ok...switching over to solo farming...will switch back to Prohashing as soon as your node catches up.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:51 pm

FYI, we will be implementing a system of having multiple copies of each coin client running so that an outage like the one that occurred last night will not occur again.