Are you mining KAWPOW?

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Sarah Manter

Are you mining KAWPOW?

Post by Sarah Manter » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:29 am

UbjfP2ZOJa

Re: Are you mining KAWPOW?

Post by UbjfP2ZOJa » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:41 am

Started mining KAWPOW on t-rex miner this morning after seeing your email. (Didn't work on gminer, but I'm sure I'm not running the current version. I'll download later today and check it in a few days.)

The algorithm is twice as profitable as ETCHASH (0.0001 vs 0.00005 BTC/MH/s) according to your charts, but I found that my hashrate is half what it was using gminer and etchash. I'll let it run a day or two, but appears to be a zero gain for me.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:40 pm

UbjfP2ZOJa wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:41 am Started mining KAWPOW on t-rex miner this morning after seeing your email. (Didn't work on gminer, but I'm sure I'm not running the current version. I'll download later today and check it in a few days.)

The algorithm is twice as profitable as ETCHASH (0.0001 vs 0.00005 BTC/MH/s) according to your charts, but I found that my hashrate is half what it was using gminer and etchash. I'll let it run a day or two, but appears to be a zero gain for me.
From what I understand KAWPOW's hashrate is regularly lower. For me, personally, which algorithm is more profitable kind of shifts back and forth. When we first set it up, KAWPOW was earning me more for a bit, and then for a while Ethash was higher. My understanding is some people may see more earnings from KAWPOW regularly depending on their setup.
UbjfP2ZOJa

Post by UbjfP2ZOJa » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:27 pm

Sarah Manter wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:40 pm
UbjfP2ZOJa wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:41 am Started mining KAWPOW on t-rex miner this morning after seeing your email. (Didn't work on gminer, but I'm sure I'm not running the current version. I'll download later today and check it in a few days.)

From what I understand KAWPOW's hashrate is regularly lower. For me, personally, which algorithm is more profitable kind of shifts back and forth. When we first set it up, KAWPOW was earning me more for a bit, and then for a while Ethash was higher. My understanding is some people may see more earnings from KAWPOW regularly depending on their setup.
So after running for 12 hours, my average hashrate is a third what I get on etchash, and earnings are only 71% of my normal. I hope others have more success with kawpow, but it doesn't work for me.
Mastermind007

Post by Mastermind007 » Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:02 pm

Raven is currently not an attractive coin to mine. Of Course in the crypto-verse that could change by the time I finish this post.
distinctively

Post by distinctively » Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:25 am

UbjfP2ZOJa wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:27 pm
Sarah Manter wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:40 pm

So after running for 12 hours, my average hashrate is a third what I get on etchash, and earnings are only 71% of my normal. I hope others have more success with kawpow, but it doesn't work for me.
KAWPOW seems to run best on TeamRed miner with high memory speeds. For example, a 4GB RX 570 would net less than 10 MH/s when not optimized. That same card can see 13 MH/s when conditions are optimal.