Connect Your US bank account in your Prohashing Payout Settings

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Sarah Manter

Connect Your US bank account in your Prohashing Payout Settings

Post by Sarah Manter » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:28 pm

Interested in skipping the exchanges and getting USD payouts directly to your US Bank Account? Go to your payout settings (https://prohashing.com/customer/payouts), look at the bottom right for "ACH Options", and follow the instructions under "Enable Payouts"!

Last edited by Sarah Manter on Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robinsoz

Re: Connect Your US Bank Account in your Prohashing Payout Settings

Post by robinsoz » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:33 pm

Sorry, somehow I clicked twice and double posted...trying to figure out how to delete a post.
Last edited by robinsoz on Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robinsoz

Post by robinsoz » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:33 pm

Nice feature - though you might want to redo the title of this post though to something like "Connect your US Based bank account...". US Bank is a specific bank - and when I first saw the title before reading it my mind jumped to the idea that I might have to open a bank account with a specific bank to use the feature.

It is great to see Prohashing adding more features like this.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:54 pm

robinsoz wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:33 pm Nice feature - though you might want to redo the title of this post though to something like "Connect your US Based bank account...". US Bank is a specific bank - and when I first saw the title before reading it my mind jumped to the idea that I might have to open a bank account with a specific bank to use the feature.

It is great to see Prohashing adding more features like this.
Oh! You're right! Thank you for pointing that out!
awb1

Re: Connect Your US bank account in your Prohashing Payout Settings

Post by awb1 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:56 pm

Is ACH all or none? - or can you allocate percentages to ACH like any other coin?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:15 pm

awb1 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:56 pm Is ACH all or none? - or can you allocate percentages to ACH like any other coin?
Dollars are just another coin, so you can set percentages.

We'll also be debuting a feature later this week to auto-deduct electricity costs, which are specified with the "p=" and "w=" password arguments, and put that money in the bank account and then keep the rest according to the payout proportions.
ToeKnee

Post by ToeKnee » Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:04 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:15 pm
awb1 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:56 pm Is ACH all or none? - or can you allocate percentages to ACH like any other coin?

We'll also be debuting a feature later this week to auto-deduct electricity costs, which are specified with the "p=" and "w=" password arguments, and put that money in the bank account and then keep the rest according to the payout proportions.
This is a good feature; don't forget that users (like me) might also have their internet providers auto-deduct monthly payments as well. What I'm trying to say is that the "p=" and "w=" are good ideas, and at the same time, it would be cool if we could enter more monthly billing information so that all the electricity, ISP, insurance, rent, etc. is accounted for against the money earned from mining. This may seem complicated. It might just be easiser to do something like "30% of daily profit goes to ACH and 70% gets stashed into a crypto wallet." And then that 70% is what's available as payable coins. I appreciate the ACH effort!
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:04 am

ToeKnee wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:04 am

This is a good feature; don't forget that users (like me) might also have their internet providers auto-deduct monthly payments as well. What I'm trying to say is that the "p=" and "w=" are good ideas, and at the same time, it would be cool if we could enter more monthly billing information so that all the electricity, ISP, insurance, rent, etc. is accounted for against the money earned from mining. This may seem complicated. It might just be easiser to do something like "30% of daily profit goes to ACH and 70% gets stashed into a crypto wallet." And then that 70% is what's available as payable coins. I appreciate the ACH effort!
That's a great idea. I'll add a new ticket for Michael to add a textbox to this feature. When enabled, the value entered in the textbox would be earned as dollars each day until the limit is hit, then the power consumption would be earned, and then the remainder of the day would be profit in the payout proportions.

Is that what you'd like?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:08 am

As an update for this feature: the system now successfully allows linking of bank accounts, and the addition of the "dollar" payout option.

However, payouts have not yet been executed for the first time because we need money to arrive at the payment processor. It requires about 7-10 days from the time that a share is submitted until we have the money to pay you in the right account - the legacy banking system is that slow.

Right now, we're planning on a buffer of $5,000 in the payment processor, so that we're always $5,000 ahead, with additional money being transferred every day to fill back up to $5,000. The buffer will eventually increase to one day's payouts, whatever that settles on. However, the first $5,000 isn't expected to clear until tomorrow or Monday, because we weren't able to start the process until we released the feature. You can still earn dollars and lock in the value, but the first payouts won't be issued to the actual accounts until tomorrow or Monday.
ToeKnee

Post by ToeKnee » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:16 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:04 am
ToeKnee wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:04 am

That's a great idea. I'll add a new ticket for Michael to add a textbox to this feature. When enabled, the value entered in the textbox would be earned as dollars each day until the limit is hit, then the power consumption would be earned, and then the remainder of the day would be profit in the payout proportions.

Is that what you'd like?
Honestly, I don't know how to go out implementing this. At my location, I have 2 roof top air conditioner units. I also have a couple of heat exhaust setups that run all the time. Even I don't know what the full electricity bill will be until it arrives. Sure, we can estimate what kind of power the miners will pull. But the power consumption of the miners is just a portion of the total draw. Factoring in internet, insurance, etc., and it's hard to pin down a fixed monthly number. I wouldn't put too much effort into this; as a business, I'll just set aside 30% of daily profits for costs associated with running an operation. Sometimes, that 30% will be enough (like winter time) and sometimes, I'll not be enough (summer). Plus, using ACH will help because all my contractors want a check or cash payment for service work. Doing the miner power draw calculations is helpful when you're running an operation in the garage or a closet at home. But when you're running a business with rent, insurance, air conditioners, exhaust fans, ISP, contractor labor, etc., the numbers swing. Heck, even 30% might not be enough when factoring in legal and accountants and any taxes due on an annual basis. Running a business is fun, they said. :)