Chia farming now available

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Chia farming now available

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:38 am

Chia farming is now available to try out! Visit https://prohashing.com/guides/chia-mining-pool-guide to test. We'll make a wider announcement after we receive some customer feedback.
dhandler01

Re: Chia farming now available

Post by dhandler01 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:06 am

Ugh it sucks you have to create new plots to do this...my rig is not built for creating plots :(
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:35 pm

dhandler01 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:06 am Ugh it sucks you have to create new plots to do this...my rig is not built for creating plots :(
Prohashing is one of the first pools to use the official Chia pool protocol.

Most Chia pools started when there was no official pool protocol. Those pools have no standard way of generating plots, and require private keys to be disclosed to the pool. When the pool is hacked, as most pools are, any payouts that the customers didn't resend to a different wallet is lost.

The protocol we use is much more secure, because it doesn't require customers to disclose private keys. The downside is that new plots are required that use your own key. After plotting, however, I'm sure most customers will agree that the security benefits provided by this approach are superior.
diginumis

Post by diginumis » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:59 pm

Re-plotting sucks, but the good thing is that once they've been re-plotted to support pooling, you shouldn't have to do it again. I had plotted 100-ish plots for solo mining early on. I had to re-plot them all when I joined Space Pool once the official pool protocol was released. However, I was still able to farm my solo plots in tandem with the re-plotted pool plots. So I would delete 2 or 3 at a time and replot with the new pooling protocol support. As new plots were added, they just fell into the pool. That way I never really had to stop farming.

And even better, I was able to switch all of my (previously re-plotted) plots to Prohashing this morning without the need to plot again.
BMChris

Post by BMChris » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:09 pm

How much HD space do you need for this to be profitable?
Mastermind007

Post by Mastermind007 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:10 pm

BMChris wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:09 pm How much HD space do you need for this to be profitable?
That is kind of hard to nail down currently. I basically comes down to the total number of plots.
Using a Chia Calculator, 64 plots (of size 101.4GiB, k=32) can get you around $8.00 USD a month.
Keep in mind this is basically a solo calculation. Be part of the pool increases the luck, much like other mining so the payout will be better.
To be able to calculate we would need to know the total number of plots and the k value, which I think 32 is the normal.
Still learning about chia myself.

This kind of reminds me of the early days of Bitcoin CPU mining. There were lots of questions and people learning on the fly. Those were wild times.
greenwaretrust

Post by greenwaretrust » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:57 pm

I just tossed 120 TB at the pool so you can keep an eye on how things are working out. It's been a few minutes and so far only reading 30 TB on my end.
jkndt

Post by jkndt » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:39 pm

Have had 600TB connected for a day and there are problems with the amount being paid. Have sent an email to help@ but not had a reply yet. My first use of help for a while and was surprised that jira no longer available.
I have noticed a few things with the website so far: -
The netspace reported in various charts shows KB instead of TB
The worker configurator page is missing the colon that separates the port number
chia disappears and reappears with no discernable pattern (that I've noticed) from the user account pages
The mining page shows 'chia Byterate' in KB/s instead of netspace in TB, also the minimum network difficulty column isn't being calculated correctly
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:20 pm

jkndt wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:39 pm Have had 600TB connected for a day and there are problems with the amount being paid. Have sent an email to help@ but not had a reply yet. My first use of help for a while and was surprised that jira no longer available.
I have noticed a few things with the website so far: -
The netspace reported in various charts shows KB instead of TB
The worker configurator page is missing the colon that separates the port number
chia disappears and reappears with no discernable pattern (that I've noticed) from the user account pages
The mining page shows 'chia Byterate' in KB/s instead of netspace in TB, also the minimum network difficulty column isn't being calculated correctly
I thought that Vance had resolved the issues with earnings at 3:10pm EDT, and Chris corrected the shares from before. Could you clarify what issues you're still seeing? We'll get those addressed immediately.

As to Chia appearing and disappearing, could you clarify where it "disappears?" What specific chart or graph is affected?

I'll review the website issues when I start work at 6:00am tomorrow, since those issues do not affect money.
BMChris

Post by BMChris » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:17 pm

Do we get paid in Chia, or in our selection of Payout coins like normal?