Chia farming now available

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
jkndt

Re: Chia farming now available

Post by jkndt » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:31 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:20 pm I thought that Vance had resolved the issues with earnings at 3:10pm EDT, and Chris corrected the shares from before. Could you clarify what issues you're still seeing? We'll get those addressed immediately.
Sorry Steve. I hadn't realised that the earnings had been sorted, guess I got used to getting updates from you guys. My mining page still shows over $1250 dollars for chia for today, but I notice the earnings has had that removed now, so no issues that I am aware of at the moment.
Steve Sokolowski wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:20 pm As to Chia appearing and disappearing, could you clarify where it "disappears?" What specific chart or graph is affected?
The dashboard and mining pages where it shows status, mining summary, hashrate and workers. It's like when I reboot or turn off one of my asics, it disappears from those sections, but the chia farm is still running and connected (at least to the chia network).
Murr808

Post by Murr808 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:31 am

I added 4 plots and my rig is not showing up on prohashing dashboard, been about 30 minutes waiting now
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:30 pm

Murr808 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:31 am I added 4 plots and my rig is not showing up on prohashing dashboard, been about 30 minutes waiting now
That's how the Chia network works. With Chia, you don't connect directly to us; you submit work to the network. Our system queries the blockchain to determine how much work you've done; there's no concept of being "online" or "offline."

It's similar to other algorithms in that the only way that we can know how much work you do is how many shares you submit. However, with those other algorithms, you are connected to us even if you don't find any shares. With Chia, you never connect to us, so whether you are "online" is a guess.
Murr808

Post by Murr808 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:28 pm

From your setup guide: "Wait a few minutes, and check your Prohashing mining dashboard. You should see your Chia worker pop up in your list of workers with the Launcher Id from your Chia plot NFT."

This doesn't work.
Steve Sokolowski wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:30 pm
Murr808 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:31 am I added 4 plots and my rig is not showing up on prohashing dashboard, been about 30 minutes waiting now
That's how the Chia network works. With Chia, you don't connect directly to us; you submit work to the network. Our system queries the blockchain to determine how much work you've done; there's no concept of being "online" or "offline."

It's similar to other algorithms in that the only way that we can know how much work you do is how many shares you submit. However, with those other algorithms, you are connected to us even if you don't find any shares. With Chia, you never connect to us, so whether you are "online" is a guess.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:23 am

Murr808 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:28 pm From your setup guide: "Wait a few minutes, and check your Prohashing mining dashboard. You should see your Chia worker pop up in your list of workers with the Launcher Id from your Chia plot NFT."

This doesn't work.

The guide should probably be changed to state that "a few minutes" could take longer than what many people expect "a few" to mean. I'll ask Vance to update that when he returns.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:05 am

We apologize for the other issues with the website. As I said earlier, there are no known issues related to money with Chia mining. You can continue to mine and we anticipate resolving the website issues by Thursday. At that time, charts will be recomputed retroactively.

Note that this advice only applies to customers who have correctly set the "payout instructions" in their Chia NFT setup. The "Chia Mining Guide" provides directions on how to do that. Customers who don't add their Prohashing usernames in the payout instructions lose their earnings after 12 hours, because we cannot determine who is earning the money. Failure to add a username in the instructions results in permanent loss that cannot be applied retroactively.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:12 am

I would try the setting your payout instructions on the plot NFT step again. If the payout instructions didn't go through correctly, it won't show up on your dashboard because the Prohashing site won't know where to send the data. It's difficult since the Chia GUI isn't showing the instructions once they've been changed. Just make sure to hit "save".
Murr808

Post by Murr808 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:13 am

Sarah Manter wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:12 am
I would try the setting your payout instructions on the plot NFT step again. If the payout instructions didn't go through correctly, it won't show up on your dashboard because the Prohashing site won't know where to send the data. It's difficult since the Chia GUI isn't showing the instructions once they've been changed. Just make sure to hit "save".
Yep I've tried to enter in my username over and over again hitting send the screen just flashes so I'm not sure the Chia GUI is accepting the input or not. The Chia GUI did show that I had accumulated points from the pool so I do know that I am connected to Prohashing pool however it never shows up in your dashboard.
Murr808

Post by Murr808 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:14 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:23 am
Murr808 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:28 pm From your setup guide: "Wait a few minutes, and check your Prohashing mining dashboard. You should see your Chia worker pop up in your list of workers with the Launcher Id from your Chia plot NFT."

This doesn't work.

The guide should probably be changed to state that "a few minutes" could take longer than what many people expect "a few" to mean. I'll ask Vance to update that when he returns.
I waited over a day and it never shows up in the Prohashing dashboard. I guess I am the only one that is reporting this problem...?
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:56 am

Murr808 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:14 am
I waited over a day and it never shows up in the Prohashing dashboard. I guess I am the only one that is reporting this problem...?
Murr808 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:31 am
Yep I've tried to enter in my username over and over again hitting send the screen just flashes so I'm not sure the Chia GUI is accepting the input or not. The Chia GUI did show that I had accumulated points from the pool so I do know that I am connected to Prohashing pool however it never shows up in your dashboard.
OK, thanks. We're looking into reported issues so far and working on fixes. Thank you for helping us test this out.