Chia farming now available

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
BMChris

Re: Chia farming now available

Post by BMChris » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:50 pm

Finally synced!

However when I try and join the Pool, I get 'The pool URL "https://prohashing.com:3360" is not working. Is it pool? Error: Failed to fetch'
Murr808

Post by Murr808 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:06 pm

BMChris wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:50 pm Finally synced!

However when I try and join the Pool, I get 'The pool URL "https://prohashing.com:3360" is not working. Is it pool? Error: Failed to fetch'
I am getting the same error, I am not connected the the pool or am I accumulating points at all since yesterday. I hope they get this fixed because I am in the process of converting all my OG plots to portable plots.
Murr808

Post by Murr808 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:09 pm

Here is the error in the Chia GUI
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:20 pm

I'll ask Chris to look into this in about three hours - thanks!
zzlukozz

Post by zzlukozz » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:05 pm

Yep getting the same errors. Failed to fetch
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:48 am

This issue has been resolved. The Chia mining server stopped running for an unknown reason. Chris apparently didn't add the server to the monitoring system to restart it immediately when that happens.

I restarted the server manually and it is running now.
Mastermind007

Post by Mastermind007 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:00 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:48 am This issue has been resolved. The Chia mining server stopped running for an unknown reason. Chris apparently didn't add the server to the monitoring system to restart it immediately when that happens.

I restarted the server manually and it is running now.
Chris, man come on. Where I work a mistake like that would cost you the first couple rounds that evening :lol:

Seriously, considering the amount of changes being implemented and the current manpower situation, forgetting to add the server to the monitoring software is a rather small oversite.
Murr808

Post by Murr808 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:52 am

I've already switched the Flexpool, works perfectly there
Thex20

Post by Thex20 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:59 pm

Not to sound demeaning but how can current miners see Chia as a profitable mineable coin, as chip shortages ravage individual builds, GPUs skyrocket, and HD’s costs remain stagnant while the technology is only getting better to cram more memory into each individual drive and making the difficulty harder as market makers acquire the technology at the start of an exponential uptick in storage as I feel we’ve almost reached critical mass for demand needed. (Sorry for rant I just wanna understand this coin)
Mastermind007

Post by Mastermind007 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:25 am

Thex20 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:59 pm Not to sound demeaning but how can current miners see Chia as a profitable mineable coin, as chip shortages ravage individual builds, GPUs skyrocket, and HD’s costs remain stagnant while the technology is only getting better to cram more memory into each individual drive and making the difficulty harder as market makers acquire the technology at the start of an exponential uptick in storage as I feel we’ve almost reached critical mass for demand needed. (Sorry for rant I just wanna understand this coin)
You make some valid points. Tech in general is rising in cost. In fact I would not be testing out the Chia mining if I did not already have the hardware on hand. I have read a lot about Chia but finding accurate, real world date is proving difficult. So I raided my hardware stash an put together a small rig with around 12TB of storage. One the plot are added I will see what kind of return is possible. I have around an hour of time invested in rig setup so the only cost will be electricity. Time will tell if this is a profitable venture.

Keep in mind that you can use conventional drive which are dirt cheap. The plots will take a day to built but it is doable.