Chia farming now available

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
BMChris

Re: Chia farming now available

Post by BMChris » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:06 pm

Presumably too, if you're mining on a PC with a GPU rather than a dedicated ASIC box or whatever, you can just stick a few extra drives into that machine as it's going to be on all day anyway and the CPU and power overheads are insignificant compared to the whacking great GPU(s) churning away in there already.

If you already had the drives to hand it's basically free money.
Murr808

Post by Murr808 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:43 pm

Mastermind007 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:25 am
Thex20 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:59 pm Not to sound demeaning but how can current miners see Chia as a profitable mineable coin, as chip shortages ravage individual builds, GPUs skyrocket, and HD’s costs remain stagnant while the technology is only getting better to cram more memory into each individual drive and making the difficulty harder as market makers acquire the technology at the start of an exponential uptick in storage as I feel we’ve almost reached critical mass for demand needed. (Sorry for rant I just wanna understand this coin)
You make some valid points. Tech in general is rising in cost. In fact I would not be testing out the Chia mining if I did not already have the hardware on hand. I have read a lot about Chia but finding accurate, real world date is proving difficult. So I raided my hardware stash an put together a small rig with around 12TB of storage. One the plot are added I will see what kind of return is possible. I have around an hour of time invested in rig setup so the only cost will be electricity. Time will tell if this is a profitable venture.

Keep in mind that you can use conventional drive which are dirt cheap. The plots will take a day to built but it is doable.
Flexpool shows you an estimated daily profitability based on how much storage you have and current price of Chia, does Prohashing have something like that?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:48 pm

Murr808 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:43 pm
Thex20 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:59 pm Not to sound demeaning but how can current miners see Chia as a profitable mineable coin, as chip shortages ravage individual builds, GPUs skyrocket, and HD’s costs remain stagnant while the technology is only getting better to cram more memory into each individual drive and making the difficulty harder as market makers acquire the technology at the start of an exponential uptick in storage as I feel we’ve almost reached critical mass for demand needed. (Sorry for rant I just wanna understand this coin)
You make some valid points. Tech in general is rising in cost. In fact I would not be testing out the Chia mining if I did not already have the hardware on hand. I have read a lot about Chia but finding accurate, real world date is proving difficult. So I raided my hardware stash an put together a small rig with around 12TB of storage. One the plot are added I will see what kind of return is possible. I have around an hour of time invested in rig setup so the only cost will be electricity. Time will tell if this is a profitable venture.

Keep in mind that you can use conventional drive which are dirt cheap. The plots will take a day to built but it is doable.
Flexpool shows you an estimated daily profitability based on how much storage you have and current price of Chia, does Prohashing have something like that?
The Worker Configurator page estimates that in the bottom right corner, as it does for the other algorithms.
Murr808

Post by Murr808 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:07 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:48 pm
Murr808 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:43 pm

The Worker Configurator page estimates that in the bottom right corner, as it does for the other algorithms.
I just tried it and those fields are blank or " - "
Thex20

Post by Thex20 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:03 pm

Idk I feel like I’d only be profitable currently if your plots are used often enough for a desired purpose such as computing data and I think that kind of data would be the most damaging to an old already degraded drive. As tech gets better I believe it’s gonna be the fastest read and write drives on the mining network because high data transfer speeds will be needed but again only time will tell.
bluegrasstechie

Post by bluegrasstechie » Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:00 am

I am also now getting the pool is not working.. "Failed to fetch."
Is this still functional?