Chia now available for payouts

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Chia now available for payouts

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:37 pm

In advance of Chia mining, which is coming within a week, payouts in Chia are now available, effective immediately. You can add Chia to your payout proportions right now to start earning this "green" coin!
jkndt

Re: Chia now available for payouts

Post by jkndt » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:06 pm

Awesome that this is going ahead!
Mastermind007

Post by Mastermind007 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:40 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:37 pm In advance of Chia mining, which is coming within a week, payouts in Chia are now available, effective immediately. You can add Chia to your payout proportions right now to start earning this "green" coin!
How much storage space has the pool have for Chia currently?

Been reading up on this and using a profit calculator https://chiacalculator.com it takes a lot of disk space to be profitable.
Not to mention the beating the disks are going to take. The Chia whitepapers recommend data center NVMe's as consumer level is not going to be up to the task of running 100% of the time.

If I am understanding correctly you have to have storage for 1000's or plots which is measured in Exbibytes.
Alynn

Post by Alynn » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:12 pm

So there is a difference between them stored and them being plotted

Plotting is what beats up the SSDs. Once you are done with the plot it just sits there with minimal need of processor power

So I think at best I'd likely buy my plots and just let them sit for passive income as doing the plotting myself is not worth it anymore.

Did a quick thing. 5 16TB HDD for 72TiB 731 plots gives me montly of about 95 dollars

Raid 5 enclosure+HDD+plots 2298

Nearly 2 year ROI and that doesn't take into account for future expansions and price fluctuations.
Mastermind007

Post by Mastermind007 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:48 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I thought I was missing something as I could not see the advantage.
I had also read reports that the profitability on Chia has dropped a lot recently.
madskillz

Post by madskillz » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:17 pm

How to mine Chia here?