Prohashing takes 1% of dogecoins off the market

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Prohashing takes 1% of dogecoins off the market

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:54 pm

Prohashing has been mining dogecoins for years, and recently, the coin has become one of the pool's most profitable to mine. Previously, Prohashing exchanged all dogecoins (and other coins) for bitcoins and dollars, which were then used to pay customers and vendors.

With Robinhood gaining 64% of its cryptocurrency business in dogecoins, far more than any other coin, we changed the pool's behavior yesterday to stop selling dogecoins. Now, the only times dogecoins will be sold are when we have have poor dogecoin luck and need money to pay customers who are owed other coins. Having found 14 blocks yesterday, this change has the effect of taking 1% of the dogecoin network's mined blocks off the market.

It's strange to think that a coin that was created as a joke has such a bright future!
Banished_Privateer

Re: Prohashing takes 1% of dogecoins off the market

Post by Banished_Privateer » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:03 pm

I've been happily mining Dogecoin on Prohashing even since February :) I mean... mining ETH and getting paid in Doge ;)
-MaVerick-

Post by -MaVerick- » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:10 pm

Banished_Privateer wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:03 pm I've been happily mining Dogecoin on Prohashing even since February :) I mean... mining ETH and getting paid in Doge ;)
Can't go wrong with Doge :D But watch out how you put things when talking on Dogecoin Reddit. Some hardcore purist Miner there will jump on that and tell you how wrong you are with everything. Had some...interesting conversation there when using the wrong wording. I still love it there, Dogecoin got a nice community.

Speaking of Reddit, Prohashing doesn't have a Subreddit there, does it?
Mastermind007

Post by Mastermind007 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:21 pm

Doge is great. I mined it for a long time. It was the underdog, no pun intended, ok well maybe a little pun. I think the more people made fun of it the more folks like us backed it.
Sumoblei

Post by Sumoblei » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:39 pm

I just want my doge out of RH's pocket asap :(
Sumoblei

Post by Sumoblei » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:17 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:54 pm Prohashing has been mining dogecoins for years, and recently, the coin has become one of the pool's most profitable to mine. Previously, Prohashing exchanged all dogecoins (and other coins) for bitcoins and dollars, which were then used to pay customers and vendors.

With Robinhood gaining 64% of its cryptocurrency business in dogecoins, far more than any other coin, we changed the pool's behavior yesterday to stop selling dogecoins. Now, the only times dogecoins will be sold are when we have have poor dogecoin luck and need money to pay customers who are owed other coins. Having found 14 blocks yesterday, this change has the effect of taking 1% of the dogecoin network's mined blocks off the market.

It's strange to think that a coin that was created as a joke has such a bright future!
Are you saying our pool found 14 blocks?
jreysack

Post by jreysack » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:34 pm

Sumoblei wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:39 pm I just want my doge out of RH's pocket asap :(
sell them and buy it on coinbase or binance/u.s. site.