Memory module failed

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Memory module failed

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:03 pm

A memory module in the webserver failed today, locking up the server which serves the website, forums, and E-Mail services. Chris replaced the bad module with a spare and the computer rebooted without issue.

Mining continued while the website was offline and no share corrections are needed.
-MaVerick-

Re: Memory module failed

Post by -MaVerick- » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:36 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:03 pm Mining continued while the website was offline and no share corrections are needed.
This is right for RandomX as far as i can say but I did not receive any new jobs on Ethash while the website was not reachable. Did the usual troubleshooting stuff on my end, tested on 2 PCs. So I'd say it continued partially, but I don't need a correction though.
Kaffiend

Post by Kaffiend » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:05 pm

Was the same for me. RandomX was still working as normal but Ethash was not.
jreysack

Post by jreysack » Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:15 pm

was the same for me on ethash, shares didn't come thru while site was down, but for how much im mining, it wasn't a big deal.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:27 am

We don't have any evidence that mining was affected in any way; if you have an account that has evidence of missing shares while the workers were still connected, we'll be glad to investigate it in a support ticket - thanks!
-MaVerick-

Post by -MaVerick- » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:12 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:27 am We don't have any evidence that mining was affected in any way; if you have an account that has evidence of missing shares while the workers were still connected, we'll be glad to investigate it in a support ticket - thanks!
Not exactly missing shares, more like missing jobs. I could connect my miners with no problem but they didn't receive anything to do for the time the website was down. If you want to investigate this more I'll gladly post a ticket.
romes

Post by romes » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:59 am

-MaVerick- wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:12 am Not exactly missing shares, more like missing jobs. I could connect my miners with no problem but they didn't receive anything to do for the time the website was down. If you want to investigate this more I'll gladly post a ticket.
I had the same issue up through this morning. After restarting the Ethash miner they seem to be getting new work again.