Missing hashrate data

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Missing hashrate data

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat May 22, 2021 5:24 pm

Unfortunately, the hashrate data at the top of the forums and on the "Live Pool Status" page does not seem to be displaying with live updates currently.

I spent the day investigating the problem, but was not able to determine the cause. I will try again tomorrow. No money is being lost, the customer dashboard is working fine, and mining continues as normal.
Banished_Privateer

Re: Missing hashrate data

Post by Banished_Privateer » Sat May 22, 2021 7:22 pm

I had weird issues lately where on the main page any live data would not update and wherever I click anything, it forwards me to this page:

https://prohashing.com/# (with the hash at the end in link)

The temporary solution that fixes it usually is clearing cookies or relogging again, but it's odd because it did not occur in previous months.
greenwaretrust

Post by greenwaretrust » Sat May 22, 2021 10:58 pm

Using Scrypt Asic and seen some unusual numbers a day or two before the data not displaying.

The data would drop down to profitability of the main coin for a time even though Doge was over 1.00 a MH/s /Day

I thought it works like adding the merged coins to the primary coin minus the fees for the profitability number. Maybe I'm wrong but for sake of easy math if Doge is at 1.00c per Mh per Day and LTC is at 0.3c per MH per day wouldn't I expect 1.3c per MH per day minus the pool fees instead of what was being displayed as the payout of just LTC?
greenwaretrust

Post by greenwaretrust » Sun May 23, 2021 5:35 pm

Everything looks back to normal on my end. I have faith in you guys that the actual payouts are accurate despite the display discrepancy.

Hats off to you Steve and the team, Thank you for all the work you guys do.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon May 24, 2021 7:20 am

Chris upgraded the system's Crossbar live data server a few days ago, and it started experiencing weird bugs, but only for external users. Because the internal monitoring system, as well as the share inserters, weren't affected, none of the automated checks were triggered.

I spent about 20 hours trying to reduce the amount of data being transmitted over the live data server, thinking that the reason there were weird disconnects was because too much data was being transmitted. Then, I released the changes, and the problem got worse, so I spent the entire weekend looking at those changes and wasn't able to figure out what was wrong with them.

That, of course, is because Crossbar was wrong, not the changes I made. Chris reverted the version of Crossbar and everything is back to normal. We also have the bonus of about 90% less data being sent across one of the realms, too.