Website issues

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
TheSBG

Re: Website issues

Post by TheSBG » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:35 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:50 pm
TheSBG wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:16 pm My home ip is banned... i can still access on mobile
What is your username? Please log into your forums account from that home IP address to prove you have access to it, and I'll search for the address in the list.
username is TheSBG (just like it is here) and i'm currently logged into these forums from my home network. Still unable to log into prohashing from this home network
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:43 am

TheSBG wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:35 pm
Steve Sokolowski wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:50 pm
TheSBG wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:16 pm My home ip is banned... i can still access on mobile
What is your username? Please log into your forums account from that home IP address to prove you have access to it, and I'll search for the address in the list.
username is TheSBG (just like it is here) and i'm currently logged into these forums from my home network. Still unable to log into prohashing from this home network
Could you tell me more about who "MSlick2107" is? Perhaps it might be better to change over to a support ticket, where we can work on this issue without your having to reveal information publicly.
Banished_Privateer

Post by Banished_Privateer » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:16 am

I don't think I've started mining over 51 years ago :mrgreen:

PHMmining

Post by PHMmining » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:07 pm

Looks like I am having same issue where PC IP is banned and phone is working?

This is the computer for loggin in.
PHMmining

Post by PHMmining » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:35 pm

Same issue happening, can't access the website from my PC#2
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:45 pm

If you're having issues accessing the site, feel free to submit a support ticket and we'll review the situation. Most likely, there is a computer on your network that is infected with malware. Bans from the main website are not propagated to the support ticketing system.

To date, we have not received any tickets about this issue, and cannot address it on the forums.
PHMmining

Post by PHMmining » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:00 pm

Thanks Steve for your reply. I am new so my apologies for not utilizing the proper channels. I sent a message through "Contact a Board Administrator". Is there another place to send a message? I am not able to get into the website and when trying to send on my phone the Jira Service desk is not recognizing my username and PW.
Alynn

Post by Alynn » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:03 pm

PHMmining wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:00 pm Thanks Steve for your reply. I am new so my apologies for not utilizing the proper channels. I sent a message through "Contact a Board Administrator". Is there another place to send a message? I am not able to get into the website and when trying to send on my phone the Jira Service desk is not recognizing my username and PW.
If you haven't created an account on the support site, then do so. If you have, the username is your email.
PHMmining

Post by PHMmining » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:58 pm

Thanks Alynn, did that and was able to submit a ticket.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:54 pm

It turns out that the PHMining issue is caused because he is on a shared network with other machines that he doesn't have control over.

Most likely, those machines are infected with malware. This is particularly common with surveillance cameras and routers where the installer doesn't change the root password from the default.

Unfortunately, there's not much we can do in that situation because if we remove the ban, these other infected machines (which the customer often doesn't have access to) would continue to send invalid password attempts. Make sure that all of the devices on your network are virus scanned, have the latest firmware, and are not using their default passwords.