Changes to the forums

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Changes to the forums

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:30 am

Good morning! We made some changes to the forums today.

First, we decided to archive some of the less active forums that haven't been attracting much attention from posters. Many of the highest-value posts in the archived forums were made several years ago, and these forums have been attracting posts of lower quality recently. The posts will remain visible, but discussion will continue in other forums.

Second, we introduced a new "Bitcoin markets discussion" forum, which will be used for detailed discussion of bitcoin and altcoin prices and economics. Unlike some of the other forums, this particular forum will be heavily moderated so that only high quality posts are permitted - which means that one-line posts are unlikely to survive. The purpose of the forum is to provide an alternative to the focus of moderators on social media platforms like twitter and reddit.

With this new forum, the moderation will cull posts to achieve quality, civility, and accountability. Some of the other platforms moderate to protect free speech and anonymity regardless of the content. This forum won't be moderated to censor viewpoints or public information like names when the information is used for civil purposes and relevant to the topic. There is no downvoting to hide unpopular opinions. If requested, we will add API support for charting and other unique features that are not available on other platforms.

It's possible that the forum, even after it is advertised, will fail to attract posts of the required quality, in which case it will remain empty and we will eventually remove it.

Feel free to discuss your opinion of the changes, and whether you think archiving some of the forums to focus on increased quality is a great idea or not!
Banished_Privateer

Re: Changes to the forums

Post by Banished_Privateer » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:56 am

I like the idea but I'm not a big fan of the current name. Bitcoin sounds very exclusive while you mention altcoins as well. Hence I would love to see name changed to something more inclusive and crypto-like for all the coins to feel welcomed in the discussion.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:43 am

Banished_Privateer wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:56 am I like the idea but I'm not a big fan of the current name. Bitcoin sounds very exclusive while you mention altcoins as well. Hence I would love to see name changed to something more inclusive and crypto-like for all the coins to feel welcomed in the discussion.
What would you suggest?
Banished_Privateer

Post by Banished_Privateer » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:15 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:43 am
Banished_Privateer wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:56 am I like the idea but I'm not a big fan of the current name. Bitcoin sounds very exclusive while you mention altcoins as well. Hence I would love to see name changed to something more inclusive and crypto-like for all the coins to feel welcomed in the discussion.
What would you suggest?
Could be something simple as "Cryptomarkets discussions" (with space?) or more official and stiff "Cryptocurrency markets discussions".
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:45 am

I changed it simply to "market discussions" - how is that? It seems even simpler.
Banished_Privateer

Post by Banished_Privateer » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:42 am

Sounds good to me, thanks.