Preliminary verified mining results

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Preliminary verified mining results

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:58 pm

I'm pleased to publish the preliminary results from the Trusted Mining Program.

Over the weekend, we saw about 15% of hashrate become Trusted Miners. Because not all of them have been trusted since the start of the program, about 10% of hashrate over the past five days was trusted.

The overall luck advantage for those miners was determined to be no lower than 29%. Given the amount of data we have so far, the odds that the advantage was due to random chance are just 1 in 151.

We'll be continuing to monitor the performance of the program for the remainder of the week, and will start offering actual benefits instead of the constant 5% next week. We expect that the benefit will likely average around 35% over the non-member payout, if the enrollment figures stay the same. If more members join, that number will likely decrease somewhat.
ryguy

Re: Preliminary verified mining results

Post by ryguy » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:20 pm

Will there be a way to find out what the benefit is for different algorithms through the API? I imagine the figures will be changing somewhat regularly (daily, weekly, etc.) and would like a way to set that automatically.

EDIT: This may not matter for me as I can't get past the ID verification. Constantly getting an "unexpected error" why trying to verify my DL :(
Last edited by ryguy on Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:00 pm

Not yet, but I can assign a ticket to Vance to implement this next week. We aren't going to start dynamically calculating the benefit amounts until next week anyway, so for now you can just use 5%.
ryguy

Post by ryguy » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:01 pm

I'm having trouble getting my DL to be verified so this may not matter for me. The system keeps spitting out an "unexpected error". I've contacted authenteq's support, but this is quite annoying.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:44 pm

ryguy wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:01 pm I'm having trouble getting my DL to be verified so this may not matter for me. The system keeps spitting out an "unexpected error". I've contacted authenteq's support, but this is quite annoying.
I too am somewhat disappointed by Authenteq having these problems.

Please keep me informed of how their support handles this situation. If they aren't able to resolve the issue within a day, then please respond here and I will tell them we are paying too much for what would be unacceptable customer service.
ryguy

Post by ryguy » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:10 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:44 pm
ryguy wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:01 pm I'm having trouble getting my DL to be verified so this may not matter for me. The system keeps spitting out an "unexpected error". I've contacted authenteq's support, but this is quite annoying.
I too am somewhat disappointed by Authenteq having these problems.

Please keep me informed of how their support handles this situation. If they aren't able to resolve the issue within a day, then please respond here and I will tell them we are paying too much for what would be unacceptable customer service.
I'll keep you informed Steve, but frankly I've tried to verify on numerous devices and either I get that there is an unexpected error, the wrong ID type was chosen (it wasn't), or the system can't read the ID properly. Basically the system, for whatever reason, needs a perfect picture to work it would seem. I had to verify my ID for Coinbase a while back and did not have anywhere near this much of an issue.
rusTcoinz

Post by rusTcoinz » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:24 pm

Is it possible to ride on Coinbase verification by using their receive address? If there are ID reading issues.
Dr Greg

Post by Dr Greg » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:34 pm

Got exactly the same problem, tried to sign up six times and no matter what box, browser or web connection I tried , it gets rejected. From what I can see it doesn't like Australian Drivers licences , I got one error saying " Country does not exist" which is more than a bit insulting. Will keep trying but no luck so far
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:15 am

I asked Marlon Briggs from Authenteq to review this thread, so he or a customer support representative from Authenteq should be contacting everyone here shortly. I gave him a fake-aged test account with some money so he can try to reproduce the issues if he needs to.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:18 am

Dr Greg wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:34 pm Got exactly the same problem, tried to sign up six times and no matter what box, browser or web connection I tried , it gets rejected. From what I can see it doesn't like Australian Drivers licences , I got one error saying " Country does not exist" which is more than a bit insulting. Will keep trying but no luck so far
Could you please provide your Prohashing website username? We'll be glad to help once you provide it.