Issue with payout proportions saving

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Issue with payout proportions saving

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:08 pm

We've concluded our investigation into this problem.

We determined that the issue has been permanently fixed, and that it will not be possible to conclusively determine how much customers should have earned. We also determined that most customers were not affected by the issue, and the limited number of support tickets supports that assertion.

Therefore, we'll address share corrections on a case-by-case basis. Chris released today's payouts, and will review the customers who submitted tickets to add additional money within the next 3 hours. Feel free to submit a support ticket if you believe you were affected by the issue.

Thanks for your patience while we were investigating!
S3KshuN8

Post by S3KshuN8 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:54 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:52 am We had planned to do that yesterday, but Chris has been working on these queries for 12 hours.

It turns out that it is extremely complex to determine how much money should have been given to customers, because some customers stopped mining during that period, or turn their miners on and off very frequently. It's not as simple as we thought, which was to just multiply earnings by a factor to offset losses.

No money was actually lost, so it will be credited soon - we expect that to occur within 6 hours. Chris also prevented the issue from continuing in the future, so only past earnings are now affected.

We need to determine how to proceed; our current thought is that we will just multiply by a factor and that some customers will earn more money than they should have during that period. Before we can do that, we need to run queries to compare how many blocks were actually found with the amount we might pay. An update will be posted here once we have it.
I think I may have been affected by this. My rig ran for about 3 hours with shares not being credited, before I moved it away from PH. If it helps your calculations, I am not concerned about being credited for those shares.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:13 am

S3KshuN8 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:54 am
Steve Sokolowski wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:52 am We had planned to do that yesterday, but Chris has been working on these queries for 12 hours.

It turns out that it is extremely complex to determine how much money should have been given to customers, because some customers stopped mining during that period, or turn their miners on and off very frequently. It's not as simple as we thought, which was to just multiply earnings by a factor to offset losses.

No money was actually lost, so it will be credited soon - we expect that to occur within 6 hours. Chris also prevented the issue from continuing in the future, so only past earnings are now affected.

We need to determine how to proceed; our current thought is that we will just multiply by a factor and that some customers will earn more money than they should have during that period. Before we can do that, we need to run queries to compare how many blocks were actually found with the amount we might pay. An update will be posted here once we have it.
I think I may have been affected by this. My rig ran for about 3 hours with shares not being credited, before I moved it away from PH. If it helps your calculations, I am not concerned about being credited for those shares.
Feel free to submit a support ticket. As is stated in a post somewhere here, we were not able to find a single query that can adjust all balances at once, but Chris is willing to make corrections that are brought to his attention on an individual basis.
S3KshuN8

Post by S3KshuN8 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:34 am

Honestly, it's not worth putting in a ticket.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:42 am

S3KshuN8 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:34 am Honestly, it's not worth putting in a ticket.
OK, but you're welcome to do so. Regardless, the issue has been fixed now and is no longer occurring.