System downtime last night

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

System downtime last night

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:38 am

There was some unplanned system downtime last night. The servers crashed for an unknown reason, and when they restarted, Chris was unable to get the system to come online.

It turns out that it had been over 90 days since the last time the system was restarted, and a lot of new PPLNS data had collected in the database since then. The initial queries to figure out how long it had been since the last PPLNS block were projected to take as long as 90 minutes. Chris was able to delete some data to make those queries last only 30 minutes, and he'll spend time today optimizing the queries to prevent the next restart from taking so long.

No money was lost and no share corrections are needed. We apologize for the inconvenience.
PolakCrypto

Re: System downtime last night

Post by PolakCrypto » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:57 am

So while I was mining during the downtime or "stall" my earnings werent going up. Im not sure if you issued these earnings later on or if theres "no earnings" to be earned during that period for people mining during the issues and or downtime before it kicked us off from mining and disconnected us. I know I was still submitting shares up to a certain point before I got a alert and all my miners were disconnected.

Not sure what your rules if Im out of that mining time aka earnings lost or not. I kept a log of my earnings and it seems like it was lost for me.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: System downtime last night

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:25 am

PolakCrypto wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:57 am So while I was mining during the downtime or "stall" my earnings werent going up. Im not sure if you issued these earnings later on or if theres "no earnings" to be earned during that period for people mining during the issues and or downtime before it kicked us off from mining and disconnected us. I know I was still submitting shares up to a certain point before I got a alert and all my miners were disconnected.

Not sure what your rules if Im out of that mining time aka earnings lost or not. I kept a log of my earnings and it seems like it was lost for me.
As far as I'm aware, during the downtime, the mining servers were not online, so no share corrections are necessary. However, I'll ask Chris to confirm that that is the case.