ETH and ETC still offline

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

ETH and ETC still offline

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:12 pm

Ethereum is still offline due to a problem that has consistently led to low luck with the coin. The issue appears to originate from cloud mining sites, and has persisted for years. Unfortunately, we don't have enough manpower to look into this issue at this time, so we don't have an ETA as to when it will be resolved. Our current highest priority is on getting the new website released, so we may come back to this issue in September or October.

Ethereum classic is still offline because all exchanges have locked their wallets, and those wallets have been locked for a while. We will resume mining ETC as soon as at least one exchange unlocks its wallet. You can contact Binance and ask them to unlock their wallet if you would like to try to move things along faster.

Thanks for your patience!
generalphish

Re: ETH and ETC still offline

Post by generalphish » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:22 pm

Thanks Steve,

I've submitted a ticket to Binance so hopefully I get a response sometime in the next day or two.
I'll let you guys know what they say.

Kind regards.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:14 am

It looks like Bittrex unlocked Ethereum Classic first, so the coin is back to mining and payouts immediately.

The ETH issue will probably be looked into in October.
leecher4200

Post by leecher4200 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:10 pm

That's great news! I've reconnected to the Ethash pool, but it's still mining Expanse and not ETC?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:01 pm

leecher4200 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:10 pm That's great news! I've reconnected to the Ethash pool, but it's still mining Expanse and not ETC?
It may be that Expanse is now more stable than ETC. ETC's price and hashrate have declined significantly since there apparently was a fight over the future of the coin.

You can force mine ETC if you'd like by using "c=EthereumClassic."
leecher4200

Post by leecher4200 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:45 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:01 pm
leecher4200 wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:10 pm That's great news! I've reconnected to the Ethash pool, but it's still mining Expanse and not ETC?
It may be that Expanse is now more stable than ETC. ETC's price and hashrate have declined significantly since there apparently was a fight over the future of the coin.

You can force mine ETC if you'd like by using "c=EthereumClassic."
Thanks for your help.
Soggydan

Post by Soggydan » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:31 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:01 pm

You can force mine ETC if you'd like by using "c=EthereumClassic." or "a=ethash"
I was mining on Eth with no c= commands and the alogo was mining EthereumClassic. This started to fail for me last night and even with c=EthereumClassic and i can only mine Expanse with c=expanse

im using EthDcrMiner64.exe miner. is this what i should expect or what is the best option for me

getting this error when using "a=ethash,c=EthereumClassic"
ETH: Authorization failed
: {"id":2,"result":null,"error":[-2,"Authorizationfailedbecausethestaticcoin/algorithmcombinationisinerror.",null]}
Soggydan

Post by Soggydan » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:35 am

I also get this error in the prohash portal on the dashbaord tab:

3 minutes ago AUTHORIZATION Authorization failed because the static coin/algorithm combination is in error. 7
ryguy

Post by ryguy » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:24 am

Looks like ETC is currently in error as well based on the live coin statuses, so that would explain your error Soggydan.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:49 pm

ryguy wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:24 am Looks like ETC is currently in error as well based on the live coin statuses, so that would explain your error Soggydan.
ETC is constantly going into and out of error because of a contract that got hacked, and then there was a dispute between two rival factions as to whether to revert the blockchain or not. The exchanges seem to be unwilling to declare one of the coins the canonical chain.