Duplicate worker name error changes

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Duplicate worker name error changes

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:25 pm

Sven, a long-time miner, recently requested a new feature to assist with troubleshooting miners that have duplicate worker names. For some customers who have many miners, it is difficult to determine which two workers have the same name.

The previous behavior was to assign one of the miners a random UUID. In the next release, the duplicate name will have the word "[duplicate]" appended to it, making it easy to troubleshoot which workers are duplicated.

The next release is anticipated to occur sometime overnight, and will require a 2-minute restart.
TradeCC

Re: Duplicate worker name error changes

Post by TradeCC » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:26 am

Hi Steve,

Yesterday there was a problem with the pool connection and a few of my devices reported the "duplicate worker name" error.
The improved system is working very well and it was much easier to find the affected devices! Thank you.

Best regards,
Sven
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Duplicate worker name error changes

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:39 am

I'm glad to see that! The next issue that several users have reported is that some places are limited to five items at a time, which is troublesome for large miners. I'm going to increase that limit in a future release.