correction of CORG shares

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

correction of CORG shares

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:52 am

This morning, between 01:41:34 and 02:35:06 EST, the pool incorrectly priced mined CORG shares 315.77 times too high due a poor decision by Cryptopia.

The cause was that Cryptopia changed its Corgicoin market's ticker from CORG to CORG-OLD and introduced a completely new coin under the ticker CORG. The sell price of the new CORG was 315.77 times higher than CORG-OLD. We were unprepared for this change, and the mining server paid users for mining CORG-OLD at the price of CORG, 315.77 times higher that it should have been. I discovered the issue at 02:35:06 and corrected it, but for that previous hour the Corgicoin shares were paid too much.

I have corrected the shares over that period to the correct price of CORG; as a result, you may have seen your earnings slightly decrease from this morning. Thanks for continuing mining with us, and I will be happy to answer any questions.