Equihash problem with two mining servers

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Equihash problem with two mining servers

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:13 am

Equihash miners are being disconnected due to an incorrect error condition on two of the mining servers.

Unfortunately, we have not been able to determine what caused this problem. The other six mining servers are working normally. If your IP address happens to be directed to one of these two servers, then we apologize for the problem and are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Equihash problem with two mining servers

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:36 am

This issue has been resolved. Thanks for your patience.

The problem was that Chris's deployment script had an off-by-one error, so the last mining server on each of the two virtual machines was not running the latest code.
Dr_Soos

Post by Dr_Soos » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:26 pm

Are us equihash miners being compensated for losing money over the two days this error occurred?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:21 am

Dr_Soos wrote:Are us equihash miners being compensated for losing money over the two days this error occurred?
Unfortunately not. This situation caused some equihash miners' connections to be refused, rather than to submit shares that were not credited. The documentation states that when an error causes miners to be disconnected, compensation is not available, because a backup pool can be used to prevent wasted mining time.
Dr_Soos

Post by Dr_Soos » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:30 pm

I would agree with you under normal circumstances, but with the miners constantly trying to reconnect with ProHashing none of my backup pools were activating. In fact, because of the constant restarts, several of my miners would not reconnect to ProHashing on their own. I had to come back from vacation early in order to restart them because of this malfunction.