Figured out xmr-stak issues

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Figured out xmr-stak issues

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:40 pm

I'm pleased to announce that we were successfully able to figure out the xmr-stak issues that were reported by several customers. These customers had reported that, sometime after the previous release, their miners were unable to mine CryptonightR because they would connect but not submit any shares.

Upon further investigation, it was determined that these miners do not submit a "useragent" string, so the server was attempting to obtain the lowercase value for the useragent, and failing when it tried to compute the lowercase of null.

The changes are expected to be released tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for your patience, and happy CryptonightR mining!
hagopk

Re: Figured out xmr-stak issues

Post by hagopk » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:23 pm

HI STEVE
show me evidence that other customers or monero miners mining with baikal or asic miners with shares ?
my 4 machine connected and nothing share .
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Figured out xmr-stak issues

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:12 pm

I'm not aware of any ASICs that are able to mine CryptonightR. Are you sure that you're not mining the wrong algorithm?