Figured out e3 issues

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Figured out e3 issues

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:25 pm

After two weeks of investigation, I'm happy to report that we were finally able to determine the cause of the e3 ethash miner issues.

We determined that when Antminer developed the e3, the company never tested its firmware on coin switching, or they never intended the miner to support coin switching at all. The e3 works great when it switches from a coin with a lower block number to one with a higher block (and DAG) number, but not the other way around. Of course, in mining a static coin, the block number never decreases, so there would be no reason to design and test for new work at a lower block number if you never conceived or intended for the miner to do that.

Unfortunately, it will not be possible for e3s to switch coins. With an e3, you can still use the "c=" argument to mine any coin you'd like. We will release a new version of the mining server tomorrow that will add some optimizations to reduce stale shares for e3s, and which will default all e3 miners to statically mining Ethereum unless they use "c=" to mine a different coin.
hagopk

Re: Figured out e3 issues

Post by hagopk » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:31 pm

ASIC miner or asic like n70 or other machines can not use to mine on cryptonightr
what coins can mine with algo. cryptonigt and cn/lite on prohashing with asic miners?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:39 am

hagopk wrote:ASIC miner or asic like n70 or other machines can not use to mine on cryptonightr
what coins can mine with algo. cryptonigt and cn/lite on prohashing with asic miners?
Unfortunately, we don't support CryptonightV1 here. We determined that support would be too difficult to add at this time, and we want to focus on improving our existing services.

We may return to CryptonightV1 at some time in the Fall.
hagopk

Post by hagopk » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:32 am

what asic machine or any other can mine monero v7 or v8 or R IN THIS MOMENT ? AND I THINK PROHASHING doasn't accept gpu miners !
please let me know what kindof asic minershould usefor monero or what software version if working via gpu or other .thanks
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:39 am

hagopk wrote:what asic machine or any other can mine monero v7 or v8 or R IN THIS MOMENT ? AND I THINK PROHASHING doasn't accept gpu miners !
please let me know what kindof asic minershould usefor monero or what software version if working via gpu or other .thanks
There are ASICs that can mine CryptonightV7 and V8, but I don't know what they are. I'm not aware of any ASICs that can mine CryptonightR. You're welcome to mine CryptonightR at Prohashing using GPUs, and the algorithm has been tested with GPUs here. If you want to use ASICs to mine other variants of Cryptonight, then it would be best to search for other pools that support those algorithms.
hagopk

Post by hagopk » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:15 am

steve can you give me details of which version software should i use and confugration how will be , do u have video youtube link please share to me ,
many thanks for your supporting
dnprod

Post by dnprod » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:54 pm

bitmain/antminer does occassionally issue firmware updates for its boxes, perhaps you could inform bitmain/antminer of the issue and cross fingers?
it may at least make them aware for future boxes if nothing else.