CryptonightR temporarily disabled

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

CryptonightR temporarily disabled

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:59 pm

We temporarily disabled CryptonightR because of a problem with block submissions. We were aware of this problem over the weekend, and were willing to deal with the losses until jury duty was over, but unfortunately it turns out that a few customers rented cloud mining hashrate to direct at the algorithm. Once jury duty concludes, or whenever Vance is able to investigate the problem, we'll enable CryptonightR again. I apologize for the inconvenience.

As I talked about before, all customers are valuable, but our focus moving forward is going to be on providing the best service to direct miners. Cloud mining rentals are going to be prohibited from mining the anchor coins once we have enough time to implement that feature.
olkah

Re: CryptonightR temporarily disabled

Post by olkah » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:17 am

Steve you don't need to include CryptonightR anymore for the place of it you need to enable Cryptonight since it is needed and very useful and coins for it are much more.

Hence the profits
dragonbyte_llc

Post by dragonbyte_llc » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:12 am

olkah wrote:Steve you don't need to include CryptonightR anymore for the place of it you need to enable Cryptonight since it is needed and very useful and coins for it are much more.

Hence the profits
AMEN!
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:35 pm

olkah wrote:Steve you don't need to include CryptonightR anymore for the place of it you need to enable Cryptonight since it is needed and very useful and coins for it are much more.

Hence the profits
I'm sorry, but as I said before, we just don't have enough manpower right now to work on the original Cryptonight algorithm. If the prices of coins continue to rise, then we will be able to hire people to get that algorithm implemented. That said, with our current staff, we've decided to improve our existing products over adding new ones.
olkah

Post by olkah » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:51 pm

prices of coins are growing Yes but the price say on the Scrypt algorithm, no
why ????.